Huawei EDGE future flagship leaks out surprising us with gorgeous looks and aluminum body
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2013, 09:39 posted on
Chinese manufacturers have long stood for their capacity to blast away affordable devices that might perform well but come with sub-par quality and uninspiring design...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
42. akki20892 (Posts: 3853; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
wait for Catwalk dude, and phones from nokia always gorgeous. only samsung phones r not gorgeous hope did u get this really well.....!!! and have u seen Nokia N8.
48. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
You're visually impaired and besides Nokia is always behind hardware wise
49. akki20892 (Posts: 3853; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i agree with u 100%.....but there restrict from OS otherwise they can make powerful hardware.....!!! but i guess wait for Catwalk in Nokia world, and i hope MS will annouce early 1080p and quad cores support then we will see great catwalk in nokia world anyway WP8 don't need powerful processor.....!!!
58. mandkeee (Posts: 81; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
i like your comment...
"phones from nokia always gorgeous. only samsung phones r not gorgeous"
10000000% agree with your opinion....
samsung always using cheap plastic...and it makes all samsung phone look like chape phone...
65. Suraj3337 (Posts: 45; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
but too bad the people prefer the samsung phones and hence the sales :D
63. KennethP4V (Posts: 33; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
in fact it just like like a lumia that was made with metal
27. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
This is close to what a Lumia in aluminium looks like. Lumia 900 and 920 has flat top and bottom, rounded sides, just like the one in this image. It does look like a Lumia ripoff, except for the positioning of the camera module.
2. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
very cool but i think they got the idea of the aluminum body from HTC and now many compines will follow HTC it takes one for many others to follow
15. Rishin17 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Or may be they got inspired by the lenovo k900..
But we will have to see that if it packs snapdragon 800
Or one if their own in house quadcore processors which can
Compete with the dragon800 or not..
And they should increase the ram to 3gb..if they r releasing it
In the next quarter. .coz
Later this year note 3 and a successor to the butterfly will
Be launched..so huawei should pack this device to the gills.
25. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
xperia z is more gorgeous, i prefer glass than aluminum
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10223; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I personally think the Nexus 4 looks way better than the XZ. Not a total fan of the design on the XZ.
39. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why we're getting thumbs down, it's just our opinion!
This is also gorgeous, nobody understands!
People disagree me because I said a chinese-made smartphone is gorgeous? Yes, Korean can make gorgeous smartphones, Japanese can make gorgeous smartphones, SO WHAT?
Everyone only like Samsung.....Samsung......Samsung!!!!
40. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I've never and will never give a f**k about thumbs down
44. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I usually don't care about thumbs down, but this is just awful!
51. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dude! Why are you worried about that silly up and down motion of the finger?
Never ever comment so people can thumb you up, not saying you do, and never ever get pissed off because people thumb you down...just comment whatever argument you wish to make. You get a thumb up, that's good...you get a down, that's good too.
Just don't give a rats ass!
64. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't even care a piss of thumbs down, and I don't even care a piss of arguments, I don't argue with people! These are just a silly piss of "ducks"!
70. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
So you prefer easily break back than hard to break back?
4. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
It makes the Samsung G4 look even chintzier (or is that more chintzy?)
5. Kurai (unregistered)
That's what you call a gorgeous design! unlike you know . . .Samsung -_-
7. gymguy224 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Damn that is awesome. Too bad the U.S. government doesn't trust Hauwei and doesn't want their hardware in the US.
37. howardbarrett (Posts: 45; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
i don't trust Huawei either, not after the Shane Todd story broke out
8. YaBoiDre10 (Posts: 84; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
This phone is better than the Galaxy S4 because it has a premium feel and not made out of plastic........... I wanted to be the first one to beat you guys to it hahaha.
9. gymguy224 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Hopefully samsung will just rip this design off for the galaxy sV
20. Kriksis (Posts: 91; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
why do you think it is heavy?
Nothing about its weight was mentioned in the article...
59. jbash (Posts: 342; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
probably because most items made of metallic materials typically weigh more than their plastic counterpart. although the article doesn't out right discuss its weight, the photograph gives the opportunity to form our own perceptions on its weight.
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Looks like that patented iPhone design...
14. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Love the design, but would probably be scratched and nicked to hell within a few weeks (like the iPhone 5) I hope there are plenty of cases available.
46. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1211; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I know they need to make this thing scratch/dent proof by making it with Zagg on it or something stronger. Otherwise it'll just live in a case and that way you might as well get a Samsung.
17. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This is at the very EDGE of high tech indeed.
Such specs and battery in such slim body.. my God
19. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
It reminds me of the 4th/5th generation iPod nano.
21. rembo65 (Posts: 56; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
does NOBODY else think that the the unibody design was ripped off a lumia??
24. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
RIP-OFF OF LUMIA DESIGN DON'T FOOL YOURSELVES.
28. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Yup, it does look like how Lumia 900/920 would have been if it were metal/aluminium, only the camera position is different.
26. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Bet you all 500 bucks the screen would be placed in a similar way to the Lumia phones.
29. lyndon420 (Posts: 3254; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Sweeeeeeet looking monster. It's a beast.
34. Nephylim (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Plastic is fantastic !!!!
Aluminium not is my sytilium !!!!!
35. rob5150 (Posts: 147; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
im sorry, all the time i see comments about samsung and that they should make aluminium bodies.
No thank you. this looks horrible.
Reminds me of like those 1950's sci-fi movie robots. big and clunky.
also think about this, aluminum and other metals transfer heat at a rapid pace.
the phone will always feel cold to your hands when you pick up, then after using it the heat will probably be very very hot to the touch. from the radios, gps and screen on .
41. lyndon420 (Posts: 3254; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
When it comes to heat transfer, I would rather get the heat out as quickly as possible rather than keep it in. Ever see a plastic heat sink?
36. shy2papa (Posts: 247; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
@ samsung & LG take note this is how a flagship beautiful phone is made.
43. jibraihimi (Posts: 739; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
"but it definitely seems that more and more
companies are finally starting to realize the importance of good design, and that can only be good news"
Hope that samsung also realize the importance of good design, and good build quality, instead of churning out cheap plastic flagship phones every year..........
47. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1211; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
What does design matter if it has to live in a case? Manufacturers need to focus on durability just as much, if not more , than design.
45. imkyle (Posts: 1065; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
and it will be available in Europe only... Who cares.
50. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Cool looking phone, but I have a few concerns. With that much metal, it could be prone to overheating. Also, it might be heavy which could result in it denting badly if dropped. Lastly, what was Huawei thinking naming it EDGE? Makes me think that this a 2G phone.