Huawei CEO: Not surprised US spying on company
0. phoneArena 03 May 2014, 18:28 posted on
The founder and CEO of Huawei, Ren Zhengfei, says that he was not surprised when he learned the NSA...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sauce (unregistered)
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3078; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Lol. If you believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, you can also believe this marketing rubbish from Google and Apple. The tech companies are trying anything they can to save face and maintain their brand value.
But the cat is out of the bag. There have been no changes. The NSA has a full data feed for all the customer data from both these companies.
2. AfterShock (Posts: 2806; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I'd like to know,
Who is not spying on someone else?
Yes, even the aliens are spying on us.
Simply put, we all, can't be trusted.
16. aksa123 (Posts: 212; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Yeah. Huawei is not surprised, because they do the same thing.
20. Ashoaib (Posts: 2107; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
do you have any proof?
No, they are not surprised bcoz everyone know USA is always like this
21. SleepingOz (unregistered)
That's what the real spies want you to think.
3. ThePython (Posts: 270; Member since: 08 May 2013)
NSA spying on foreign entities?
I have no words to describe how shocked I am.
5. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, your profile picture just shows how shocked you are. :)
4. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I really like that Huawei's CEO shows how calm he is and don't give up, it's like a spirit from Blackberry's CEO, no matter how people accuse Huawei spying blah blah blah, they're still here to stay. Tbh, I still don't think that Huawei is spying for the Chinese government, and that also includes the Chinese manufacturers like ZTE, Oppo, Xiaomi, OnePlus etc.
To those who still think that Huawei or other Chinese manufacturers are spying you, show why don't you show us how they're spying? Even if they did, you can't escape from that, as many companies like Apple, Google, Yahoo... and the NSA of course are spying you as well. If you're afraid and sensitive of that, don't use the internet, smartphones, you can move to the cave and be a caveman if you want to.
7. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3078; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I found it interesting that when the NSA does a lot of their hacking of US systems, they spoof their IPs so it looks like it is the Chinese doing the hacking.
Most people don't understand that like the rest of the US military, the NSA works for the very richest people in the world -- the same people who own and run the US, UK, NZ, AU, etc. It is the job of the NSA to keep track of everyone and everything, and to provide the data to control/blackmail any given target.
9. Gawain (Posts: 358; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
Yeah, the Chinese are just so liberated and they do no harm. I have found that most people that proclaim such insightful knowledge have rarely been outside a hundred mile radius of where they were born and lived. I, having been all over the world, can assure you that no such conspiracy exists. It is not possible given the size and scope of everything going on.
I don't know what Huawei has going on, probably nothing quite as bad as the Congress people claim. What I do know is this, the company claims to be privately held, and private property is not really a major concern to the PRC.
8. Caveman723 (Posts: 15; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Did you call me sir? In the cave now also have internet & computer etc. much like a bat cave..
18. Cicero (Posts: 370; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Correct! If you are a "normal" person you will skip this paranoia. But if you have something to hide you will know how to do things to not be catch.
10. Miracles (Posts: 499; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
If u got nothing to hide....why worry about being spied on. Unless that data is being used for blackmail or any other unethical reason...then it gets serious. This whole NSA sht is getting old. I like this guys attitude..."not shocked" lol.
12. mixedfish (Posts: 117; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Yeah sure, no need to panic when they steal your source code for your products and confidential details on business operations.
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3078; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
And sell them to the large US corporations so these giant parasites can file patents on your inventions. The US, is after all, "first to file" now for patents which creates a massive incentive for IP theft. The NSA of course having the largest IP theft system in the entire world.
15. Miracles (Posts: 499; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
@ mixedfish Yeah thats what I meant by "unethical" genius.
19. mixedfish (Posts: 117; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Haha, and what 'ethical' cause would excuse hacking into a corporate network to steal confidential data? Sorry bud crime doesn't excuse crime.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6499; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just wish everyone can stop spying on everybody. It's getting kinda annoyed but we can't even stop our own GOV'T to spy on us on our phones or emails.
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3302; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lame. hopefully they spare toilets and bedrooms. this is the privacy I guess we can expect these days.
22. wax33 (Posts: 45; Member since: 06 Apr 2014)
"We had information that terrorists were using toilets and bedrooms to plan their evil deeds, so..."