Huawei Ascend W2 photo leaks out to strut the thinnest Windows Phone so far
0. phoneArena 30 May 2013, 03:32 posted on
Based on previous rumors about the W2, it is coming as the slimmest Windows Phone out there, at 7.7 mm, and with 4.3" or 4.5" HD screen, dpending on whose speculation you read, that can be operated with gloves. The usual dual-core snapdragon with 1 GB of RAM would be powering it, and an 8 MP camera will be saying "smile" from the back...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I think most people prefer nokia(Lumia) when choosing WP because nokia have alot to offer for their Lumia line like pureview camera, nokia maps (city lens,here maps etc), and alot of exclusive apps.
13. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
yeah i think that if you want a WP, Nokia is the only way to go, just like Apple for iOS or Blackberry for BB10. In the Android side, it's a different story
6. kindlefireowner (Posts: 487; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
$515 for a Huawei phone? Make it thicker and cut the price.
15. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 433; Member since: 07 May 2012)
$515 too much for a huawei phone i can get a lumia 920 fo $400 on amazon and a lumia 820 for about $350,why would i pay so much for this huawei w2,give me a reason
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Is it just me, or this phone looks quite thin and long? O.o
8. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1108; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Why is there so much bezel? This phone is the size of the GS4 but with a ~4.3 screen? No wonder Nokia is dominating within windows phones.
10. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I think it is a 'feature' of every windows phone. Even HTC's 8X had substantial amount of bezel. Not a bad thing to me actually as far as durability is concerned.
14. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
They had to make the phone taller for the 2800 mah battery since the phone is extremely thin. But i agree, the Lumia 920 is wider than the GS4, Xperia ZL despite a 4.5" display compared to 5" (And it's almost as tall as the ZL).Also it's bigger than the N4 witch has the same aspect ratio on a larger screen. If you want to make a large phone, make it large for a reason (a BIG screen, Front facing speakers...)
16. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Lumia 920 is only 0.1mm wider than a Galaxy S3. Check the measurements.
17. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I was comparing it to the S4, not to the S3 69.8mm for the S4 vs 70.8 for the lumia (5" vs 4.5").
11. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
nokia please start searching another o.s :D
else this time u will say it was Huawei :D
18. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
oh,, please it's not that easy to beat Nokia With WP. At least for now...