Huawei Ascend P6 now official – "world’s slimmest smartphone"
0. phoneArena 18 Jun 2013, 07:54 posted on
Right as planned, the Huawei Ascent P6 was just announced officially, although the numerous leaks did a great job at spoiling the surprise. Meet the new slimmest smartphone, with an awe-inspiring thickness of only 6.18 millimeters. (June 18 – we see what you did there, Huawei.) But even though it is so impressively slim, the Ascend P6 has quite a lot of goodies packed under its hood...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
6.18 mm? I am thinking of replacing my knife with this stuff.
PS - Any humiliation to the phone is totally unintentional. I had to say it to keep those haters away.
2. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
ROFL!! M thinking of replacing my razor with this stuff :P:P
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
There was knife-cut and paper-cut...now there'll be cell-cut.
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Huawei? No thanks.
Nice iPhone design though.
17. Veigald (Posts: 290; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Yep, that's the most blatant iPhone design ripoff yet.
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why is it metal? :(
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
You don't need to make metal to be iPhone clone tho
7. majp89 (Posts: 166; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
I guess we can start buying Chinese phones now that we know that our own government is spying on us anyways.
Reasons I wouldn't buy the phone? I had the original Droid Razr and that thing would get so hot that you would have to put it down for about 5-10 minutes before you could use it again. 2000maH is kind of a crap battery for such a large display, and since I have a DSLR the cameras wouldn't be a huge selling point for me, although the 4cm macro capability is pretty cool. I'm guessing that's an S4 Snapdragon under the hood.
10. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
No thanks! There will be a chip built into the phone so they can spy on us Americans, steal our trade secrets among other things.
12. kindlefireowner (Posts: 503; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Does being the slimmest increase the phone's reliability. NO. Huawei makes garbage phones.
15. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
The Umeox X5 is even slimmer at just 5.6mm
18. jibraihimi (Posts: 747; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Dual sim, and micro sd card slot, in such a slim device........!!!! Impressive.....
19. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 210; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
It's surprising how a communist junk dealer like Huawei release an aesthetically beautiful device like this. Hahahaa.. But it's obviously a Sony Xperia Z + iPhone 5 ripoff! LOL. Just the name Huawei sounds cheap, so never. Never I'm gonna buy a Huawei! :D