Huawei Ascend D2 hands-on
0. phoneArena 07 Jan 2013, 17:47 posted on
PhoneArena.com is at CES 2013, and Huawei made a splash with a nicely crafted Ascend D2, the new flagship Android device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Ugly...... how is it. Its how I wish samsung woild build there phones. The meral bezzal makes it look well built. It looks in par with apple quility. I dontnlike apple phones though. I have a note 2 and love it
10. MeoCao (unregistered)
The plus is aluminum wrapping and not faux metal, but the design lacks refinement, very crude.
2. Birds (Posts: 1150; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Personally it is too glossy for my taste but I don't tend to count check chickens before they hatch. There could be a pleasant surprise this device has in store.
12. Diego! (Posts: 545; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
The white version looks stunning! I'm really digging this phone :D
3. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Very impress with the battery not so sure of the design in hardware. at least they kept it WITH STOCK ANDROID
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10222; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's not entirely stock Android, though I'm curious if there would be a theme available at launch that would make it so.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10222; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Little typo Alan.
"We will start with the specifications since that is what everyone wants to know off the bat, the screen is a clear, 5-inch, 1920x1080 HD display with 443ppi."
1920x1080 on a 5" screen = 441ppi, not 443ppi.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Sorry, my comment 7 was meant as a reply to yours.
7. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It probably is 443ppi. A lot of the time, manufacturers round screen sizes. For instance, the Note 2 is actually 5.55", rather than the 5.5" you constantly hear quoted. It's probably something more like 4.97" which would be a ppi of 443. There's no reason to not call that 5".
9. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Hope they are able to bring it to the US market. We could use some more nice devices like that.