Huawei Ascend D2 hands-on
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Jan 2013, 17:47
PhoneArena.com is at CES 2013, and Huawei made a splash with a nicely crafted Ascend D2, the new flagship Android device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. Phullofphil posted on 07 Jan 2013, 20:42 7 0
Ugly...... how is it. Its how I wish samsung woild build there phones. The meral bezzal makes it look well built. It looks in par with apple quility. I dontnlike apple phones though. I have a note 2 and love it
10. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 07:09 2 0
The plus is aluminum wrapping and not faux metal, but the design lacks refinement, very crude.
2. Birds posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:34 1 0
Personally it is too glossy for my taste but I don't tend to count check chickens before they hatch. There could be a pleasant surprise this device has in store.
12. Diego! posted on 08 Jan 2013, 08:40 0 0
The white version looks stunning! I'm really digging this phone :D
3. InspectorGadget80 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:41 0 0
Very impress with the battery not so sure of the design in hardware. at least they kept it WITH STOCK ANDROID
5. PapaSmurf posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:48 0 0
It's not entirely stock Android, though I'm curious if there would be a theme available at launch that would make it so.
4. PapaSmurf posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:44 1 0
Little typo Alan.
"We will start with the specifications since that is what everyone wants to know off the bat, the screen is a clear, 5-inch, 1920x1080 HD display with 443ppi."
1920x1080 on a 5" screen = 441ppi, not 443ppi.
8. g2a5b0e posted on 07 Jan 2013, 22:29 0 0
Sorry, my comment 7 was meant as a reply to yours.
7. g2a5b0e posted on 07 Jan 2013, 22:27 0 0
It probably is 443ppi. A lot of the time, manufacturers round screen sizes. For instance, the Note 2 is actually 5.55", rather than the 5.5" you constantly hear quoted. It's probably something more like 4.97" which would be a ppi of 443. There's no reason to not call that 5".
9. GeekMovement posted on 08 Jan 2013, 01:26 0 0
Hope they are able to bring it to the US market. We could use some more nice devices like that.