Huawei Ascend D Quad XL has crazy fast benchmarks
0. phoneArena 17 Mar 2012, 18:31 posted on
Benchmarks may not always have a lot of connection with real world performance because software still needs to be optimized, but they certainly do help to give fodder to people wanting to claim that their...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
If they can prove themselves i think they will become quite the deal to pick up odd contract
2. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
one of the few chinese innovators… they need to bring this thing to the US with some serious marketing
21. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yeah. Phones like these can get a big following. Also, marketing could make or break the success of this block. I'd buy this (or the Optimus 4x straight without contract! ) :p
22. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i believe this is a US bound phone. They said they wanted to take the american market, and they know the only way to do that is with superphones.
And if those benchmarks are real, and not a reference device, then I say HUBBIDA HUBBIDA HUBBIDA. :)
Look, the S4 is outclassed again... lol.
i seriously doubt id pick one up over an sgs3. But if they keep it up and get a lively development going on, I might pick one up later for "the wife" so i can play with it. :)
24. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This anti - snapdragon trolling of yours is really getting weird, old and tiring.
Get some number facts through your thick nerdy skull:
1) snapdragon s3 on the Note is just slightly less capable than it's Exynos counterpart. Check the benchmarks for both.
On Nenamark 2 adreno 220 and mali400 are actually really close - check out the benchmarks again.
For example, Xperia s with adreno 220 even beats the Galaxy note with the mali 400.
Now if you're gonna bark about the choppiness, check the galaxy tab 7.7.
2) the s4 youre talking about is a dual-core processor, and you should compare it with a dual core. Oh wait - you'll have to wait another half a year before the dual core A15 gets out.
3) s4 with adreno 225 is not the high end s4.
the adreno 320 will be on the market in q4- with 3-5 times increase in perfomance.
now do the math!
even with that being said, adreno 225 is up to 90 precent faster than mali 400
4) the asynchronous, 28nm s4 quad core with adreno 320 will also be out by the end of the year - meaning that your Exynos 4412 will have a really short career on the top of the chain.
even shorter than current s4.
s4 quad pro snapdragon will surely top it.
not to mention apple's A6(if it comes with rogue GPU), or Tegra 4(if it cmes out by the year's end)..or THE HUAWEI'S NEXT CHIP!
28. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol if you say so. the only major revision in the S4 chip other than the dual and quad core variants are the eventual upgrade of the GPU.
pay attention, Samsung got busted red handed messing with the I/o scores on their s3 variants of their smartphones.
call me whatever you like. doesn't change the fact that I'm right.
just like we tell the iPhone nuts.. sales don't equal quality. qualcom sells a lot because they are cheaply mass produced and qualcom is smart enough to make them near universal with different radio connections .. Which are the main 2 reasons that the exynos barely made it to the US.. Supply constraints and incompatibility with LTE and hspa 42mbs. .. both which have been corrected in the new version.
I don't have anything against qualcomm.. I follow whoever has the most power... and that is almost never qyalcomm
32. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You're not right, you just keep on with the same bs..
Samsung messed up with the scores?
So Sony messed up with them too?
That's your case, your "fact" of an argument?
Wake up, man.
Anyway, I'm not saying s3 is better than Exynos 2, just that the difference really isn't that much of a deal.
And you're making a whole life philosophy out of it!
As for s4, the adreno 320 upgrade isn't "eventual", it's a dead cert, and is coming pretty soon:
29. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Well , i understand but please answer a few question
1) Galaxy s2 with mali 400 simply over powers any device with S3 or TIOMAP (Aderano 220 or Power VR SGX 540), In nenamark i get 56fps.. almost 100% more than HTC sensation or Droid Razr(I know they do have 1.2 times resolution but the difference is 2x)
and we all know it depends ipon the implementation on Soc and software how benchmark effect it,... What about GL Benchmark... Galaxy s2 is the only phone which beats Iphone 4s in those bench mark or Comes equal... (Offscreen test.. i donot under stand what are they.. the just show running logo and od not run.. if u know please explain.)
So to my understanding Mali does has upper hand over aderano as of now..We need to wait and see if galaxy s3 comes with Exynos 52xx or 4412.. because 52xx is coming up as a beast which will even eat the The new ipad's gpu...?
PLEASE TELL ABOUT THIS NEW HUAWEI'S GPU.. IS IT 16 CORE.. IS IT MORE POWERFULL THAN IPADS QUADCORE GPU
27. Snap123 (Posts: 33; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
By now most people on here should know whenever there is an article about benchmark remixfa will find a way to throw Snapdragon chips into the mix. He is the biggest troll there is on this site.
With that being said the early batch of S4 is meant to compete with Tegra 3 in which you can see S4 is beating the Tegra 3. These are the only two high end chips coming out next quarter. Correction 3. Only recently we found out about the Huawei chips and the S4 does a good job competing with that chip.
Whatever this troll has against Snapdragon it doesnt matter because Qualcomm didnt become the world largest chip supplier by only producing chips with the best benchmark
34. nvarun (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Actually I think remixfa's posts are quite objective and one of the better ones. I know from here that he works for one of the service providers, so I would take his 'end user' perspective (may be with a pinch of salt).
Problem is I don't know a single S3 device which doesn't lag or or is better than the new Exynos, Tegra or OMAP phones.
When S3 came, it lied between A8 and A9. So not very positive about S4. History has not been kind to Snapdragon bearing handsets.
Also, Qualcomm is not worlds largest "chip" supplier (not even SOC). May be largest mobile phone SOC manufacturer. SOCs are used in much more than phones you know....
3. Captain_Doug (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I would just die for this phone on Verizon.
4. Nickmfnjackson (Posts: 101; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
please, please, PLEASE, Tmobile! If this beats the sgs3, I will have to acquire this device
10. Croxy (Posts: 55; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
It probably won't, because it barely beat the dualcore Exynos processors from Samsung, just thing how the quad core Exynost processors, packed in SGS III, will be strong.
12. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
but it was overclocked to 2.0 ghz over the stock 1.4 ghz
18. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Nye!, either way both this phone and the SGS3 will be a Beast.
23. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it wont. the quad core 4212 exynos is supposed to be about 2x as fast as the current exynos. Either way, it outclasses the S4 and T3 pretty handily. The S4 is already making its steady fall back to the bottom.. lol.
6. nikim33 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2010)
ok, so it's coming to Cricket, there you go Galaxy S II...finally, im gonna beat the crap outta mi boi's phone...lol
8. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
That is impressive, and it's even more impressive compared to the quad-core processor used by the HTC One X and LG Optimus 4x HD, the Tegra 3. The close benchmarks with the Galaxy Note, on the other hand, has me more excited for the quad-core Exynos processor.
9. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
This phone is on top of the metaphorical smart phone hill, and Samsung and HTC better bring their A games to knock it off
13. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I am not as convinced of the power since it has a quad core and pairing it against even the dual core S4 is a stretch. I want to see some independent benchmarks and the real world factor of the device AND its subsequent support.
17. sparks11 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
You have to remember that the K3V2 has A9 cores, compared to the S4's souped up cores.
14. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It is good to see impressive numbers. Having no idea how optimized those specs are I would rather wait and see for actual performance and smooth experience.
15. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 206; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I knew this phone was going to be a great device! Now they need to bring it to the states.
16. ngo2dd (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
You guys know that these branchmark test are for the GPU and not CPU like the nenamark test.
19. loempoer (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
how about game n apps? there are game made for powerVR, adreno,tegra, mali.... and is there any game made for this huawei GPU? I think there are no point pursuing highest benchmark point, if there are only few game and apps built for it.. .or even better a exclusive game for this gpu, such as THD game or XHD/Adreno exclusive.. hope they pay the game developer to make wonderfull game on this powerfull GPU..
20. srdjav (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
On international Galaxy S 2 with stock ROM I get 32.20 on Basemark ES2 Taiji... Way better then all this phones. So, still the SGS2 is the king of all phones. Untill SGS3 comes out :)
25. Firedrops (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Somehow I doubt you would be able to justify all aspects of your claim.
30. srdjav (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
give me your email and I will send you pics proving that