How well did the Motorola Moto X do against the keys, hammer and knife test?
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2013, 21:02 posted on
Anyone who has ever held the Motorola DROID in his hand knows that the manufacturer can build a tank-like device that feels as though it can survive a nuclear blast; which bring us to the Motorola Moto X. Does this new model have what it takes to survive a strenuous day of getting nicked by keys and loose coins? Could the Moto X survive being sat on while it resides in your back pocket...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1230; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I love how they always do scratch tests on the screen. They all use the same Gorilla glass!
3. evarod48 (Posts: 154; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
when will we see someone post a drop test?
4. ilani (Posts: 89; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
why do these stupid tests always use soft metals like keys and knives! how about some sandpaper, or actual rocks! you know, like the kinda stuff you're bound to drop your phone on!
8. thephonedude (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
If you ask me what's the best test? It'll be sliding the phone face flat down on the floor of a rough concrete area.
5. Topcat488 (Posts: 1392; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I think it held out pretty darn good... I'm impressed, and normally not easily.
7. roscuthiii (Posts: 2148; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Off topic: That knife is crap. Gotta be full tang or GTFO.
9. nbringer (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Rub the phone with sand and then with a precious stone ring. Then sit on it. Then drop it on the stairs. Then we'll see...