How to use your Verizon branded Nokia Lumia 822 as an unlocked GSM phone
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Feb 2013, 22:26
We've mentioned it before, but there is a way to use the Verizon branded Nokia Lumia 822 as an unlocked GSM phone and all you need to do is slip in your SIM card and make sure that your carrier supports the correct bands; if you can get the phone cheap enough, you can end up using it on a low-priced pre-paid carrier and save some nice money...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. -box- posted on 10 Feb 2013, 22:30 0 3
Band-wise, this looks both 2- and 3G-capable for AT&T and T-Mobile, but probably no 4G or LTE. Not certain, but just a guess
3. chrischau1308 posted on 10 Feb 2013, 22:57 0 0
It actually has 4G (for the U.S kind of 4G of course).
But yeah, can't use Verizon 4G LTE if we bought it without contract. Or may be still can somehow which I'm not sure.
But for GSM LTE, a big no!
2. Droid_X_Doug posted on 10 Feb 2013, 22:38 0 1
What happened to the rumor of an impending release of a flagship Nokia phone on VZW? I hope the L822 isn't the 'flagship'. Cause if it is, the folks over at AT&T will be wetting themselves from laughing so hard.
4. kindlefireowner posted on 10 Feb 2013, 23:30 0 0
One problem? Straight Talk stop selling the AT&T sim cards a few weeks ago.
6. TrainFromUkraine posted on 11 Feb 2013, 07:22 0 1
Not true. They simply ran out of stock, as confirmed by multiple ST reps. Readily available on Walmart website.
7. kindlefireowner posted on 11 Feb 2013, 08:38 0 0
Not true. Straight Talk never confimed anything. The AT&T sims are done on Straight Talk. Most Walmart are out as well. It's over.
5. tuminatr posted on 10 Feb 2013, 23:32 0 0
fyi my understanding is ALL verizon LTE & global phones are unlocked something about there agreement To use the LTE technology some do have trouble text messageing but evertthing else works
8. eddieoliveira posted on 11 Feb 2013, 12:07 0 0
Is it 100% sure all verizon lumia 822 are unlocked out of the box?