How to use an Android smartphone as a PC wireless keyboard and mouse
0. phoneArena 10 Dec 2012, 05:27 posted on
In this how-to guide, we will show you how an Android smartphone can be used as a wireless touchpad and keyboard for a PC or Mac. The smartphone connects to the computer wirelessly over Wi-Fi, and setting it up is really easy...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ohrules (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Once again, we see the true power of android in action :)
3. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Yes Android is the NXT Windows in the Mobile Platform ...and apple repeating the same mistakes lik in the MAC days ....
2. buccob (Posts: 1546; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Gmote Server has been out for years and I think its more flexible....
In addition to the features described in this article, Gmote allows you to:
Launch files on the PC
Open files that are stored on the PC, directly on the phone.
If you launch power point presentation, you can fully control it with the Remote Control on the android's screen.
If you launch music or videos, you can control it the same way.
Gmote is way better
4. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Or you can use Unified Remote.
Several times more features.
Easy to install.
Available for both Android and Windows Phone.
6. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
A wireless touchpad is good, I've been sitting on my couch using my tv as a monitor to watch my downloaded videos. Using VLC remote has been good, but it'd be nice if there was a wireless touchpad. I'll save some money with this app.
7. Fallin (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
I had no issue installing and works pretty nicely.
8. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
There's a great YouTube video of someone using a Galaxy Note 2 as a computer. Watch this, it's pretty damn cool:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
9. BattleBrat (Posts: 1152; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I like Advanced Touchpad by Arcoid, pinch to zoom, two finger strolling all the fun stuff