How to unlock your Galaxy Note II and some Galaxy S III versions for free (Jelly Bean req'd)
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2012, 05:29 posted on
Samsung seems to have a hidden menu in its Galaxy phones, which allows you to carrier unlock your device for free, and appeared on an XDA-Devs thread...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. modyt (Posts: 30; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I hope PA realises that they are jeopardizing the chance of people unlocking their phones by posting this in broad view. Samsung is not dumb enough to read this by chance and not act on it.
2. redmd (Posts: 1250; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
huh I don't get the jeopardy part. BTW this is old news.
7. aahmed215 (Posts: 165; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Keeping it a secret won't do any good either. At least, by sharing it to the masses, many people can get the information before Samsung or carriers put a stop to it.
22. ramacasu1 (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
itechunlimited.com/att-samsung . html
fast and easy!!!
3. kicksetc (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 Dec 2012)
It isn't working for me. My S3 is on Sprint and shows it is running 4.1.1. Any other way to do this?
6. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
Sprint is cdma for voice and 3g the sim lte card is embedded on the motherboard. So its not gping to work on cdma variants
4. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
It works fine on T-Mobile versions.
Not sure about this, but it could lose your 1-year warranty though.
5. tremzee (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 May 2012)
I just unlocked mine t-mobile Galaxy S 3 locked on t-mobile and its working fine i check it by using at&t sim card and its perfect.
my phone s rooted and i am on custom rom build number XQZv45.T999UVDLJA
9. rstrong2010 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
I have a note 2 from Verizon, typed the # in dialer nonethin happen??
10. paulrubio (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
hi im from mexico, ive got a sgs3 tmobile (t999), i did all the steps but when i put sha256_off it says this.... SHA256_OFF => NOT CHANGE ... and sim doesnt work... need help
how can i make it change??
11. tremzee (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 May 2012)
paulrubio did you make this sure that your phone is running jelly bean not ics
12. corleyman (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Wow, that's awesome! The Note 2 is already thoroughly amazing, and now that it can be used on a no-contract, unlimited-everything service plan for as little as $49/mo ... Wow! And this awesome service plan that I'm talking about can be explored at PenniesOverDollars.com ... :)
13. paulrubio (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Yea tremzee, its running latest jellybean. :( dont know how to unlock carrier and make simcard work, i tried and retried the steps and still says NOT CHANGE. Did wvery step right and running latest jellybean, anyone knows how to reset the wholw phone so i can try it again? Or what can i do? Im desperate i have my sgs3 as paperweight :'(
14. zahirkhan (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
it works for sumsung galaxy s3 ............ but it doesnt work for sumsung galaxy note2 jellybean 4.1.2 is there any way to unlock it and when ever i put this into my note 2 it just says servicemode and nothing else with blank window ?????? how to unlock it please help me
18. Cyanne (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
You need to downgrade to 4.1.1 . Search for downgrade instructions, there is a good tutorial on DroidViews. I\'ve done this with the Note II and the GS3.
15. 70700 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
i just want to say a Big Thank you..it worked for me in Switzerland on an AT& T Samsung S3..unbelieveable ....this is 2013 :O
16. arod1949 (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I try with my galaxy S III, everything went good until I got to the last step, after pressing the back to get back to (6) Network lock and then (4) NW lock NV Data Initializ. I don't see the Number 4 option. Can someone help me out.
17. Cyanne (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
You will need to downgrade to 4.1.1 and then the option will appear. I am a cell phone reseller and have done this a few times already with a note ii and galaxy s iii. You can find instructions to downgrade at Droid Views (Google \'droid views how to downgrade\'). It\'s quite easy to do. Good luck
19. ramacasu1 (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
Unlock AT&T SAMSUNG Galaxy S2, S3, S4 ETC
Popular Models: Samsung S2 i777, Samsung S2 i727 Skyrocket, Samsung S3 Galaxy, Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Active & MORE
20. scooldesire (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
brief description with step by step images on how to unlock samsung galaxy s3 easily.
21. arod1949 (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Hey Cynne, thanks for answering. My phone is running the "Android Ver. 4.1.2, and I heard people talking about Yellybeen. Does it make any difference.
23. sammy123 (Posts: 11; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Just have a look at attiphoneunlockingshop.com if you intend to unlock AT&T stuff, we are able to unlock all model and firmware updated, including iphone 5
24. arod1949 (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Mine is locked to a different network not ATT. Thanks.