How to unlock developer settings on the Galaxy S4: tap seven times on the build number
0. phoneArena 01 May 2013, 08:26 posted on
With Android 4.2.2, as running on the Samsung Galaxy S4, you need to jump through a few hoops to enter the developer settings on your handset. These range from touch visualization, to deeper access you should tinker with only if you know what you are doing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Why do you have to unlock it in the first place?
2. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 60; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
Just little Easter Eggs, that's all. So people who don't know what they mean don't end up accidentally turning something on or unchecking something. Not a big deal. Just fun for people who like to say they've "cracked it open."
4. ZayZay (Posts: 547; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
For people who work in stores, the contact transfer machine cellebrite needs the usb debugging on to tap into the phone and load and transfer contacts.
5. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
That does seem a bit odd because developer options is completely available within the settings menu on the Galaxy Note II.
6. cezarepc (Posts: 440; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
This works on a lot of other devices. By the way, getting my S4 today woot. :)
7. babepanda (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
I don't quite get it ? What do you mean unlock ? Like firmware unlock or as in GSM unlocked ? I thought you have to buy unlock codes ( which cost money ) to unlock the phone for every other GSM network ?
8. Onslaught (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
It's just a little easter egg hidden in the software. It doesn't mean the phone itself is unlocked.
9. cezarepc (Posts: 440; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
You'll basically just unlock the developer options which lets you configure some additional settings (e.g. USB debugging, install from unknown sources/apks, etc).