How to take a selfie that actually looks good
0. phoneArena 02 May 2014, 09:27 posted on
Ah, selfies! The mania to photograph yourself with the not-so-good front-facing camera of your smartphone, usually in the confines of a place as picturesque as your bathroom…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
With lens blur:
In the background the person seems to be doing some work.
Without lens blur:
He's actually browsing facebook lol.
11. amirxd (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
One of the best comments I've ever read in PA! lol xD
13. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
I actually Log in to give you a 'Thumb Up', during my really lazy Saturday!
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
lol I'm so surprised how many likes I got :)
15. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
What a vision! Can you see the future of the world?
2. LikeMyself (Posts: 302; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Well that's actually a very good front camera. May I know the device please? Is it the 5MP front camera of the HTC M8?
10. LikeMyself (Posts: 302; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Downloaded the camera app from XDA for my KitKat device and did the Lens Blur for a selfie! It really improves the image quality or makes the impression of!
You guys ROCK!!! Thanks for the tip! Finally I'll no longer be ashamed of selfies!
Its download was worthy!
3. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
What's Obama doing? Doesn't he have to get back home?
4. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 863; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Looks worse with the blur effect!!
Look at the difference in colors between the two pics. Without lens blur looks a lot better.
5. SubtleOne (Posts: 7; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
It is true, the colors of the non-lens blur are better, but that is not a problem of the function, but rather doing color 'fixing' on a non-color calibrated screen, hence the distinct green tinge in the lens-blurred image.
6. hurrycanger (Posts: 1289; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I love this camera app. Made some great looking sefies using my Nexus 4.
Sometimes the background gets spots that aren't blurred out, so yeah, it sucks then. But overall the feature is great.
7. av911 (Posts: 153; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
What's the big deal with "selfies"? What's the appeal? And no one cares about your narcissism.