How to root the Nokia X, Nokia X+, and the Nokia XL
3. Upon installation, start Framaroot. There are two root exploits to choose from - "Aragorn" and “Gandalf” - tap on "Gandalf";
4. Now reboot your Nokia X, Nokia X+, or Nokia XL, and you should be rooted.
1. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 909; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
it was always going to happen everyone saw this !
7. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Yup. Even with Elop talking trash about Android.
I wonder whats gonna happen if these phones turn out to be a huge success...
2. alterecho (Posts: 1072; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
5. Remove the Windows Phone design.
10. mrfwy (Posts: 20; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Well, the first step failed ...LOL !!! :) Did you observe in this video how the touch frozed and did not respond and was later slower. mmmm, no wonder Android sucks !!
3. potatosalad (Posts: 34; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i'm jealous. my android device needs pc just to root :(
4. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 692; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Has anyone checked if the Settings app on the Nokia X differ from the original Android one?
5. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1050; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Nokia should contact Google and invite them to make a Chrome internet access browser for their X phones and allow Google to put a tool bar on the Chrome's browser that will allow X phone users to use Google services if they desire to do so. this way no one would have to root the Nokia X phones. the X phone users then would have access to Microsoft and Google services just like any desktop PC can today. Hmm the question is would Google be willing to do this. Google is not on good terms with microsoft Of well a guy can dream can't he?
9. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1050; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
hmm so Nokia and Microsoft do not allow you to install Google play store unless you root their X phones. hmm apparently Nokia/Microsoft do not want to sell many of these smart phones. people can easily get Google services on a Windows PC without a scream from Microsoft. Why not do the same with a Nokia X, X+ or Xl. smart phones they could just make their Microsoft services Tiles permanent Tiles on these smart phone that you cannot remove but allow an X phone's Owner to down load an app from any source including the Google play store. I am sure Microsoft or Nokia Programmers are smart enough to program the Nokia "X" phones to do this. I expect this will be done in a OS update for these smart phones especially if they ever want to sell them in the USA. they should also have the UI look more like a Windows phone 8 UI since they are using tiles anyhow
11. hammohammo (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
i tried but it failed
any help to activate google play
12. KM420 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 May 2014)
Nokia X Android Root Solution How to root nokia x root nokia x by vroot tool download vroot Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are