How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 3 the easy way
0. phoneArena 04 Oct 2013, 09:23 posted on
Chainfire's CF-Auto-Root has been modded to include an easy root for the just outed Samsung Galaxy Note 3, tested with the SM-N900 (Exynos), SM-N9005 (International Qualcomm), and SM-N900T (T-Mobile US) versions of the handset so far, as well as a few files for the rest of the US carrier versions that are still in testing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. md227a (Posts: 139; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Unless your have AT&T or VZW, Asshole corporations locking bootloaders and not even giving option to unlock if phone is bought at full retail $700+
2. joey_sfb (Posts: 5330; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Is there an option to buy direct from Samsung? I just wish an Android OEM would step up and officially support rooted Android phone.
I will buy it regardless of brand.... hear that HTC!!
5. hellonerds (Posts: 313; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Negri electronic sells it unlocked.. not sure if it still has that region lock
21. joey_sfb (Posts: 5330; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
There is no region lock, only region activation requirement. U.S set need U.S base sim card to activate the phone after that any region sim card could be used.
The reason is simple. US set is much more cheaper compare to Asia sets. Some dealer make use of this to parallel import US set to asia to make a bigger profit.
I still think Samsung should not do this because of the negative publicity costing them more.
3. hellonerds (Posts: 313; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Agree.. im on att and im getting a t mo note 3 to run on att.. I need my root/roms.... might go back to t mo
10. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4807; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
They always find a way to root phones on BOTH Verizon & AT&T. Just have patience. You WILL be rewarded.
I ALWAYS rock a rooted phone on Verizon's AWESOME 4G LTE network. It's like pimping a Ferrari & then speeding down the Autobahn. lol
11. hellonerds (Posts: 313; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Ture.. but a unlocked boot will have more roms/support. Im on att so I can run t mo phones lol..
As for Ferrari. . More like make it lighter and add more power ... im talking about carrier bloatware and some samsung crap ware that I wont be using on note 3.. those crap software need to go lol..
15. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4807; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That is why you root, to remove the bloat. That is also why I said pimping my Ferrari..... lol
13. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Lol man i know. Root methods are coming out way faster these days.
12. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
They always find a way to unlock bootloaders for galaxy devices on att/verizon. Idk what you are talking about. This isn't android in 2010...
14. md227a (Posts: 139; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
May gain root but you will not have a recovery to flash Roms. The Galaxy S4 on VZW and AT&T since the most recent update can only use a safe strab recovery .
17. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
They thought they wouldn't find a way to unlock. BOTH bootloaders on the recent kindle fire......now they have fully functional working roms. You really think as popular as Samsung is that the dev community won't find a unlock method for a device that has just one?
18. nasznjoka (Posts: 394; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
This is the one device you need not need to root and install a custom rom cuz doing so you gonna loose all the spen's and touchwiz features that makes most of users buy the #NOTE3 rooting it makes it just another #BIG_PHONE stop craming guys
19. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Hope you realize some people buy the note for the hardware and not the spen. Believe it or not it's people who use the note without the spen a lot.
22. DrewLoker (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Sorry for the newb ?, if anybody has a link as to the downside of Rooting, it would be most appreciated for the redirect. I am new to Android...bought a Nook a couple of weeks ago and successfully rooted it. Very nice. I just switched yesterday from iPhone 4s (jailbroken) to a GN3 because I didn't want to wait for JB every time Apple upgrades. So, hasta luesta Apple. So, found this site with steps to root GN3. Only thing I am really interested in is Hotspot on Sprint. Reading Nasznjoka sounds like I am going to loose some features. Can you elbaborate. And I guess the better question is, is their a way to get hotspot on the Note 3 with out a full Root? Thanks!!
26. prestige27 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Did you ever figure out a way to unlock the hotspot feature on the Sprint Note 3 without root? If not, did you end up rooting your phone and getting the Hotspot to work? Can you tell me what you did to get it to work if you did it without rooting, or, can you tell me what root method you used and how you got the hotspot to work? Thank you
6. hellonerds (Posts: 313; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Yes there is lol.. buy a t mobile and run it on att lol.. no point of getting a att note 3 if you want root..
7. goojman (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
is it as simple as that? Or do you have to do sumthing to the phone once you purchase it from Tmobile?? I'll be damned if I buy my Note 3 from At&t locked!! WTF!!??
9. hellonerds (Posts: 313; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
If you buy from t moblie full price you will have to wait at least 30 days for sim unlock.. but if you buy from negrie electronic its already unlocked sim no need to wait.. just slap your att sim and set the apn to lte and your set and can root it .. im sure att will get root later but this new knox and lock boot seems to bug hackers a bit and wont get as much support. . Note 3 on t mobile already has a rom
8. twens (Posts: 955; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Nice but i don't think i need root for now. I can pretty much do everything i want without root out of the box
16. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
why stress yourself when a single apk app can be use to root and Unroot. "framaroot" make rooting and Unrooting easier.
20. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Because that has damaged some people's phones. You honestly think a single apk is capable of flawlessly rooting 100s of android devices? Root method are different for a lot of phones. Samsung once had a phone that had over 30 steps to rooting it. And even when you were done sometimes you would have a incomplete root.
23. dave007 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
pls would like to know can u still root after ur device(sm-n900) is updated
24. mshome (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
try it on N9008,
the phone doesn't reboot.
how to go from here?
25. cruz956 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Mar 2014)
is there one that will work if you have 4.4.2 running?
27. thunder4 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
the download has got stuck on cache.img.ext4
what to do?
29. mohdfahad47 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Apr 2015)
For rooting a 32 gb variant we have to click the re partition box right? And how do i back up the pit file? Please share some knowledge with me.☺