How to pimp your LG G2 with the all-new flat Optimus interface from the G3
1. neilmc1983 (Posts: 37; Member since: 17 Jun 2014)
ooh and this rom has 4K recoding!! so tempted to get a cheap G2 now!!
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3683; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Won't those icons get extremely tiny(not sure) for scaling from QHD to FHD?
3. LikeMyself (Posts: 391; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Or u could install a replica without root on most LG new smartphones called LG G3 Multi Home from RocketSauceWare for free and no permissions on Play Store or many others from the same xda dev called RocketSauce83 on xda developers! He's a great guy. Please don't install the same themes from other 'devs' as they ripped his themes and one even put most of them on Play Store and sold them for a premium without authorisation before getting banned!!
6. alouden (Posts: 365; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
They will. Eventually. But between LG and the individual carriers, the eventual release will take time.
5. Odiin (Posts: 339; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Ad is really very effective n informative. LG will going to release this flat UI to G2?
7. marcusxv3 (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
Im using it right now, and i have to say, LG has made a HHUUUUGGGEEE leap forward in the ui.. Much much much better, my g2 feels brand new !! Thank uuu!! :D
14. blingblingthing (Posts: 507; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I'm on Lightning ROM V3. No complaints here.
15. AizenMne (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 May 2014)
But is seems as the standby time is reduced.:/ The battery seems a bit worse to me. And you?
16. blingblingthing (Posts: 507; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
No complaints about battery. I get through a day using my phone. I don't really monitor it since it's not a problem. Also I'm usually next to a charger.
18. AizenMne (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 May 2014)
Yeah, I turned off the ''Smart Charging" and it works great. :) I love it.
8. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
It probably should be mentioned that this is NOT meant for the Verizon version of the G2 (VS980), before too many people brick their phones.
11. plateau22 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
I have the Verizon version (VS980) and its working great! Just be sure to flash the vs980 kitkat baseband.
12. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
Ok, I stand corrected. Usually the VS980 requires separate ROMS than the other variants.
19. RickVill (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
I installed the KK basedband but I don't get 3G (verizon). The baseband version shows "unknown" under 'software information'
9. mike2959 (Posts: 450; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I don't think you can install a recovery on 4.4.2...now towel root was just released and bam.. Untethered root,
13. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I'm curious to see whether the G2 lags as much as the G3 does with this UI
17. dhiren (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
Am i at a high risk of bricking my phone if i do this?
20. christian.g (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
hello someone help how to install the new UI in my G2 i have downloaded the "KK_Baseband_D802" and "OptimusG3 V1.0.zip" i have root my device but i dont now what to do now and how to doit should i wipe all my phone or what ?? pls help THANKS :0
21. thisizem (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
Everything works great but LG PC Suite won't recognize my LG G2 D802 :(
What can I do ?!
22. wrush29 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Aug 2014)
the OptimusG3 v1.0 custom ROM, is not available anymore via the link provided
23. Addictt (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Feb 2014)
I'm really stuck on this.. managed root the device, but cant seem to put the ROM on the phone anywhere for it to recognise it when I'm about to flash the phone.
There is no SD CARD on this phone... So I'm really stuck!! Please anyone help..