How to manually update your Nexus 7 (both) and Nexus 10 to Android 4.4 KitKat
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2013, 16:54 posted on
Let's face it: waiting is for suckers. Google may have started the rollout of the Android 4.4 KitKat updates for its Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 tablets, but the problem with a rollout is that you have to wait until the over-the-air update actually makes it to your device. Which brings us back to our original point: waiting is for suckers. And so, we have the links for the Android 4.4 updates so you can manually update your devices if you wish...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well I couln't do it for my cousin Nexus 10... I will stay away from manual updates.. thanks for the article Michael...
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10093; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My Nexus 7 got the update. Installing it now.
26. andynaija (Posts: 683; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
"Let's face it: waiting is for suckers." I'm pretty sure good things come to those who wait :)
29. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
There is an eayer method, using the all purpose nexus update tool!
34. jagreci (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
Is this on the playstore? Will doing either of these methods factory reset my nexus 7?
35. jagreci (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
Nevermind, I figured out what you were talking about. WugFresh Nexus Root Toolkit. Works flawless, use to use it with my galaxy nexus. Thanks for the reminder.
37. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Yeah, more comfortable than anything else
36. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Someone please help me after closing my Nexus 7 (2013) it isn't openning anymore? What could it be? I diddn't even do anything
40. trustradha (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
its not reading update.zip at the final step.pls help.
41. mahendharreddy (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
The problem is You have renamed it to "update.zip" already its a .zip so it became "update.zip.zip" either rename and rename to update or use this adb.exe sideload update.zip.zip