- Open Root Explorer & navigate to /system
- Now Open build.prop in Text Editor.
- Edit ro.build.version.sdk = 16 & save.
- Now go to /system/app & Rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk1
- Now reboot & install the app from the download link.
- Now edit build.prop & change ro.build.version.sdk = 15 & reboot.
How to install the new Google Now virtual concierge in Android Jelly Bean on your rooted CM9 device
1. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
It does not work on my nexus but I am sure it's me
4. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
are you rooted.?
did you install it as a system app
did you rename google search
did you change sdk back to 15
did you change the permissions correctly
do you have cm9, or aokp or anything based on asop?
its still probably you
3. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
i use root explorer
did you mount system? you need to mount system before you edit it
and you need to open in text editor and press save
works for me, voice just doesn't work
5. bayusuputra (Posts: 946; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
It worked for me, but sadly there is a lot of bugs.. I can have cards and stuff, but intermittently, the search function freezes and i can't make any search.. But it works nonetheless.. Just need some more works/optimisations, I think.. I reverted back to my old search box already, since I don't think I will use the cards often.. I don't even use weather app on my device.. HTC Desire S running IceColdSandwich v8.2.1 with Linaro AOKP ROM.. (oh, yeah, that Linaro makes it real fast!)