How to install a custom Android boot animation
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2014, 09:36 posted on
As we outlined just earlier today, the extent to which you can modify your Android handset is one of its greatest selling points, and we quite appreciate the opportunity to tweak most anything. Boot animations, while a rather obscured detail of your entire Android experience, nevertheless add that extra polish that makes your Android your own. That's precisely why today we'll be showing you how to easily change your stock manufacturer boot animation to something a tad more interesting...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aditya.k (Posts: 492; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Please at least add 'for root users' in the title.
2. draconic1991 (Posts: 183; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
According to this post you can change it without rooting...i havent tried it myself but i found it myself, so if your interested u can try it out.
And maybe phonearena could try it out and if it works add it to this article.
4. Chris.P (Posts: 408; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Tested it out, did not work on several devices.
You need permission to write on /system. I am unaware of a way to do that without root. Correct me if I'm wrong.
6. draconic1991 (Posts: 183; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
but it did on some?? without root??
And i cant correct you....havent tried it...so i dont know how to do it..
Another question....are those samsung devices on which they didn't work??
15. Chris.P (Posts: 408; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
It didn't work on any of the devices I tested it out. Think Xperia Z1/Note 3/G2/Nexus 5, etc.
3. Credo (Posts: 714; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I remember myself doing that with Maemo 5 lol, it was awesome but the OS became very buggy at the end.
5. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2026; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
There's an app for that, in playstore -,-
8. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
OMG!!! How freakin' cool is this?! Can I also do this on my iPhone???????!
9. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Modern android, unless you're flashing kernels, Roms, mods etc,.. You'll very very rarely ever see the boot animation.
So I wonder why the interest for those that never need to reboot, they'll see it what, once every three months or so...so idk pa.
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Because the possibilities are endless; you can have an endless array of boot animations: from Miley Cyrus torking, to UnderDog changing in a phonebooth, to a chick on a motorbike, to a chubby-wubby bus driver driving a city bus.
11. steelew (Posts: 138; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Wow this had a ton of one star reviews in the play store. Why are you featuring this?
16. Chris.P (Posts: 408; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Tends to happen when people are in over their heads with the mods they're going for. That said, those could be legitimate.
We're not exactly featuring it, but it's a good app that worked frills-free for us on several devices.
12. TheNeighbor (Posts: 143; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Note 3 had a different format now. Can't change it.
14. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The manual way is super easy - I love seeing the green robot head shot the apple logo....priceless