How to get the new Google Music app from Jelly Bean on your Android ICS phone now
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2012, 07:17 posted on
It's the latest version of the app and even features a widget for your homescreen, which is not the prettiest of sights but works for streaming songs from the Google Music cloud, and that's what's required from it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Cloud music streaming is draining data usage. I always using my microSD card.
7. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
What..... if...... I already ..... HAVE 4.1.1 :D
3. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
no problem while installing and uninstalling it on s3
4. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I just deleted the old player and dropped the new one in the /system/app folder while renaming it GoogleMusic.apk, rebooted, purchased a song, for free, went back to the player and all of my past music synced.
5. Owlet (Posts: 450; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
How to get ICS on my Android phone - that's the question! :ReZound:
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10436; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Since it's posted on XDA, why not root your phone?
8. BREvenson (Posts: 240; Member since: 17 May 2012)
You can root, or wait for the official ICS update which (according to HTC) should be arriving near the end of the month. The originally said June-July, so they're not too late.
9. Owlet (Posts: 450; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
June-July was the last word, not the oroginal. The very first one was "early 2012".
I don't think rooting is possible with the latest update installed. Also, I want to be able to receive the official ICS when available.