How to: get the best of Moto X on your Android right now
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2013, 19:02 posted on
These are the sorts of things that make us really love Android. Every time a device is announced that has compelling new features, likelihood is that you'll find apps that try to emulate those features come out in the Play Store very quickly, assuming they don't already exist (and many of them do). This time around, we want to let you know how you can give your Android device the best features of the Moto X right now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkskoliro (Posts: 1014; Member since: 07 May 2012)
XDA is the reason I feel hardware>software in order of importance when it comes to smartphones.
3. Captain_Doug (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
As long as you can change software, then absolutely. I'm actually running my Dinc2 with a 4.2.2 rom. Single core 1 ghz processor still running strong.
9. darkskoliro (Posts: 1014; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I actually have a thing for having an older phone then putting the latest CM onto it :L :L As much as I love high end phones, I love making an old phones just as fast :)
2. John90976 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
If you aren't easily overwhelmed by settings you can set it up just like the moto x. I have mine set up like this-
Device is in stand by
I say: Google
It says: Yes?
I say: Search
It says: for what?
And then it opens google voice search and I ask whatever. it works pretty well.
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion it is another reason not buy Moto X, since you can buy smartphone with higher specifications and then if you feel need you still will be able to get Moto X software features via additional apps and so on.
7. lola99 (Posts: 32; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
you see that dude touching his phone? one more reason to buy the moto x, you don't have to do that s--t anymore.
8. lola99 (Posts: 32; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
oh the irony of people watching a guy use his voice control by hand and saying there's no reason to get an X now. lol.
10. youdug (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
oh the irony of people buying a phone not to talk to other people but to talk to the phone itself.
11. lola99 (Posts: 32; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
You can't talk to people on this phone?! Daaamn, that sucks!
12. presser88 (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
I found the app Touchless Notifications as a worthy alternative for spoken notifications and it even has the whats'up function. You can fire it up with a voice command and it tells you what active notifications you have.
I cannot post links, but search for Touchless Notifications in the play store.
BTW: the pro version is on sale now...
13. presser88 (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)