How to get default app choosing flexibility in Android
1. Install Better Open With from the Google Play Store. It's absolutely and awesomely free!
2. Open the app and set your preferred app defaults for the available file types. As you can see, there are audio files and streams, browser content, images, PDF documents, video files and streams. Other document types, such as Office files and plain text aren't supported for some reason.
Note that you can set a countdown time for each file type. And upon opening the file, Better Open With will automatically launch the preferred app for the file after the countdown ends. During that time, you can choose a different app from the list of available ones - no problems there.
3. Take a look at Better Open With's Settings. You can choose between a grid and list-type of app layout, and have only icons displayed with no text. The text size can be adjusted, and the theme can be switched to light or dark to better suit your current Android look.
4. It's file type opening time! Next time you open an image, for example, you will get the familiar "Complete action using" prompt. Choose Better Open With as your default app and hit Ok. That's it - you can now have your favorite app open the file in five seconds or so, or choose a different app. And that's anytime you open a file of this type!
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3404; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Luis, why don't you flash some custom ROM on your G3? Your articles are fun to read, but the screenshots really "offend" me :p
3. luis.d (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Thanks! I love the G3 just the way it is, and I think LG can only get better from now on.
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3199; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I've been hearing some great word of mouth praise for the G3 at work. Basically an all around competent phone with a really sharp and clear screen.