How to free up storage space on your Android phone or tablet
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2014, 08:43 posted on
Storage space – it is never enough. Sooner or later, it runs out completely, and a dreadful notification lets us know that it is time to do some mandatory housekeeping. But how should one go about it? Where do they begin? And what options are there? Well, the good news is that freeing up storage space on an Android phone or tablet is a fairly simple task. Just follow the 8 steps below to clean up as much room as possible...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hafini_27 (Posts: 362; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I just can't gather the courage to delete my Hentai.
15. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Not the microsoft cloud, they will delete any hentai uploaded to their cloud.
24. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
but according to microsoft, microsoft will scan our photo and delete hentai&porn.
I think Google drive is the best
25. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
They really do that? Well. Doesn't matter since I don't have any lol.
26. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Don't lie you teen ;)
also they are 18+ stuff :D
28. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
"......While cloud storage providers are required by law to respond to known or suspected instances of child pornography, not all scan users' accounts looking for them.
.....and Microsoft, along with Verizon Online, state in their user agreements that they reserve the right to actively search stored files......."
Why won’t Microsoft let you store porn in the cloud?
Is Microsoft Spying On SkyDrive Users?
3. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I use a steady 12 GB on my nexus, enough music and Twrp back ups that keep me rolling. (Out of 32gb)
Rest is in cloud when I need it.
USB otg is a nice option.
5. MrKoles (Posts: 341; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
omg how useful, just delete everything, how didnt i come up with this idea, ridiculous
7. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The title should be "How not to maximize your smartphone experience".
11. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
^^^^ hahahaha^^^ I was thinking the same thing!!...hahahaha
8. karamelakimo (Posts: 92; Member since: 26 May 2014)
I usually do that all and really it's helpful to me a lot
Except that I can't ever delete my music
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Funny, I had used 42gb of space on my SII with the SD card. But now on my nexus 7, I use ~23gb and I still don't feel the need a SD card slot. On my moto, I always need to delete stuff, the 16gb(available ~12gb) doesn't feel enough. I will never again buy a smartphone with no SD slot or it should have atleast 32gb built in memory.
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
For me 16 is enough. Though if I recorded more 4K video, I would need that 128gb SD card lol.
12. buccob (Posts: 1813; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I only have a problem with the partitions of the Internal Memory of my Xperia.
Out of 16 GB, it allows ~11 GB for media storage (and sending apps to "SD" which is still internal memory)
Then I have 2 GB for actual app space (apps that can't be moved out to the media storage) and I fill that space rather quickly...
Almost every Google App (maps, drive, sheets, docs, earth, keep, goggle, chrome, hangouts, etc) ARE STORAGE HOGS that CANT be moved to media storage.
So I constantly have to Clear Cached memory (which is a lot on FB, Chrome, Instagram, 9GAG) to be able to install new apps or update big current ones.
I really want a 32 GB phone with a bigger partition size for downloaded apps, or at least a 16 GB one that lets me choose at least 4 GB for downloaded apps
17. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
And this make me wonder why in the world that Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, etc were making a FLAGSHIP phone with 16GB.. If it's flagship, it should be AT LEAST 32GB!!!
29. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Note 3 is 32gb go come with 26gb free
31. buccob (Posts: 1813; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
too big for my likes... I would love to be able to get ZL2 though (but is only in japan :( )
13. SupermanayrB (Posts: 242; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
When customers come in with these problems I generally plug the phone up to the computer & delete all the unnecessary folders that buld up & that would free up 2/3 storage on their phone.
14. vijaysivakula (Posts: 174; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Any suggestion that says we should delete our music and videos and data files and save them on the net is not worth it. That would only increase my data / wifi usage and cost me a bomb. An SD card is the best option and I feel cheated because my Nexus 5 doesnt have one. I will never buy any mobile without expandable storage again.
19. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 246; Member since: 30 May 2014)
My phone keep backup my pictures in internal memory eventhough the sync is turned off :(
20. user996 (Posts: 202; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
PA what device these screenshots are from?
21. steelew (Posts: 103; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I've been uninstalling the updates for preinstalled apps, clearing their data and disabling them. This frees space on the internal storage and prevents me from screwing up my stock ROM when I delete unused apps. I can always re-enable them before I OTA to the next version of android. I also recently uninstalled facebook, twitter & linkedin in favor of a chrome web link to the website. I had disabled their notifications anyway so this seemed like the next logical step.
22. GreekGeek (Posts: 893; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Using FOLDERMOUNT + 64 Gb card is the trick here.... Those suggestions are fairly predictable to begin with
23. Lycan155 (Posts: 113; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
I can pretty much send all my apps to my microsd what better is that I have an option in settings to save pic vid audio apps on my microsd write away without going through internal memory :) ihave Lumia 630 btw
30. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Just root and un install all the bloat and stock app don't need
34. Lamb2014 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Sep 2014)
I like Power Clean better. It helps me free up storage, clean up memory, remove or disable unnecessary apps, know my device and speed up it. You can download it from Play Store.