How to force reset an iPhone, Nokia Lumia, or any Android smartphone
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2014, 08:30 posted on
How do you force reset or shut down a frozen phone with a fixed battery? There isn't a universal answer to this question. Some models reboot if you hold their power key for a few seconds, while others need you to hold down a specific key combination. Still, you can consult with the list of brands and their respective key combinations we have here...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Nope, they still have the tendency to hang/ freeze until you do the shutdown key combo. My brother had to do this with his iPhone 5 (not yet on his 5s or at least not that I know of) and I've had to do this on my iPod Nano 7th and iPod Touch 5th.
5. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Idk,..You'd have to put gear type software on it to accommodate the screen size.
Then it'd be stable.
9. elitewolverine (Posts: 5119; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
or get the android with open belly and a red triangle. Dealt with 4 of those this week after they did 4.3 to 4.4 updates. Gotta love it. In the same time period i havent even exchanged a iphone for any reason yet (though i do exchange them regularly)
11. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Update flashes going wrong is usually end user error.
Nothing to do with stock stability.
2. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I thought smashing on the floor will be a quicker way. You guys should have posted this before I smashed mine...
6. anasnazeer (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
Finally, something that's handy. After all those Crapsung S5 posts. This is good.
8. slaggyb (Posts: 209; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Something better and relevant not plain advertising of a phone that isn't that good as superhyped on here. Like have they ever posted HTC M8, G3 any BlackBerry 10 even the iphone tips and tricks with 8 videos consecutively Smh!
13. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They won't post them because 1 Samsung article will get more views than 100 of M8/G3/10/etc.
7. romeo1 (Posts: 706; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
On the sony z1/ultra you also have de reset button but the power and volume up button also work. same with the z2 tablet. The reset button is a little red button you can press with a toothpick or something like that
10. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 867; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
I thought the iPhone never had any problems!
14. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Blackberry OS = Alt + Shift + Delete button (hold alt, then press and hold shift, then press delete)
Firefox OS = Hold down the power, volume up and home button all at the same time until you see the reset screen.
BB10 OS = Press and hold the Power/Lock key for ten seconds
15. Planterz (Posts: 2038; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Handy article for those that don't know how to do it yet on their phone. Because when your phone is frozen, it's hard to google it if you're away from a computer.