How to download files faster on the Samsung Galaxy S5
0. phoneArena 14 Apr 2014, 01:43 posted on
Did you know that you could download files faster on the Galaxy S5? Samsung’s new Android flagship comes with a built-in ‘Download booster’ mode…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Zack_2014 (Posts: 45; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Can this be ported to any other phone or it is a hardware limitation?
2. Victor.H (Posts: 417; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Yes, it seems it's been ported to at least the Galaxy S4. Look it up on Xda.
6. joey_sfb (Posts: 2931; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Typical talk s**t about Samsung then steal their phone feature. Lol!
3. TheNeighbor (Posts: 91; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Thankfully I got an unlimited LTE plan that isn't capped.
9. rns122112 (Posts: 45; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)
T-Mobile $80 plan unlimited 4g lte no cap. What are you talking about no such thing?
12. TheNeighbor (Posts: 91; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
It's just $47 monthly for my unlimited LTE plan, with 150 minutes of calls after 200 sms free. It's supposed to slow down to 3G speed after 1.5GB, but it doesn't happen. I could use over 60 GB monthly.
19. rns122112 (Posts: 45; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)
That was before this...
17. JEverettnow (Posts: 196; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I have unlimited LTE with Sprint. I have been getting about 13-20mbps down. Not quite my Comcast WI-FI connection, but definitely useable.
18. Mr.Verizon (Posts: 23; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
yes there is, i still have unlimited data with my verizon plan. although i have to purchase my phones at full price i do use between 50-70gb per month depending on what im downloading
and since i do manage a store anyway, i was able to score a note 3 when verizon's systems were letting people keep their unlimited data the first week of october last year. i don't expect to get that lucky again though.
4. joe1blue (Posts: 107; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
Now this is where Samsung needs to start to push their weight around phone Companies Should Not just be able to remove a feature from this phone like that. If I'm paying for the data let me use it the way i want If im on unlimited or if limited. These phone companies are full of jokes I have Sprint service but Big Ups to T mobile! For keeping it real
5. twens (Posts: 631; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
It's funny how only Sammy seems to utilize the power of what android can do. Other android phones are trying so hard to be plain and boring like the iPhone and they wonder why they are not selling like sammy. Maybe when they learn to throw in some few gimmicks/features and tricks maybe people will start buying their phones. For me I live in Africa and don't always have internet available but my Samsung phone comes preloaded with lots of features I don't need to download special apps from the playstore. Samsung phones are like windows PC. It does almost everything and that's why I love sammy.
7. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
bloat is bad , i rather download apps from the playstore than live with bloat i cant use and cant install
11. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Wonderful. I'm confused.. S5 or K Zoom or wait for a Mega 2? I just can't seem to choose which one to buy ..
15. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 385; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Just from their past versions, the S5! Without a doubt it'll get the most support, but the og Galaxy Zoom didn't even have that good of a camera, and the Mega was not nearly as speedy as the S4.
16. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Yes, you are right, the S5 is surely the best phone out there with all the goodies it has.. but it seems tempting thinking about the S5 Zoom.. And I have a Mega right now and enjoy the split screen option so much .. but yes, I think I'll be getting an S5 next month ..
14. deewinc (Posts: 157; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
The feature would have been more meaningful if the phone is set to ping on several WiFis around.