How to download and install the iOS 7 update to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
0. phoneArena 18 Sep 2013, 18:04 posted on
The biggest overhaul in iOS history is upon us, and brings about much new functionality and a brand new look. Here's what you should follow to get iOS 7 on your Apple iPhone 4, iPhone 4s or iPhone 5, your iPad 2, iPad 3 (new iPad), iPad 4, or iPad mini tablets, and your iPod touch 5th generation media player...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Done and done. Will be staring at my 4S waiting for the little star over "settings" to pop up!
26. PhoneLuver (Posts: 480; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Why is it that nobody ever talks about whatever "OTHER" is and why it uses so much data! My "OTHER" uses about 5GB of space. What's frustrating is that I cannot say what it is!
2. vincelongman (Posts: 3328; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Dam, won't be getting iOS 7 on my iPod Touch 4
Time to upgrade, so many great phones to choose from :)
3. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I am sure that could be possible post jailbreak
24. vincelongman (Posts: 3328; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yea, I know, but iOS 6 is already very laggy, I think iOS 7 will be even worse.
Any one else with a iOS 7 on a iPod 4? How smooth is compared to iOS 6?
25. ryanthrussell (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
hi im a ipod user but I cant download the update do u know why its not allowing me to not to update it and u can jailbreak IOS 7?
27. vincelongman (Posts: 3328; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Which iPod Touch do you have?
Apple are only allowing the iPod Touch 5 to be updated to iOS 7.
Its probably because the iPod Touch 4 only has 256MB Ram.
29. ryanthrussell (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
yeah the ipod 4 and oh I didn't know that thx vince but people on youtube are posting videos on how to do it but u cant my mate has the 4 with ios 7 and he got a chip on ebay for ios 7 and he can use it perfect but hes getting lag on games but he cant find it anymore but its got a faulty iphone 5 hes going to take my ipod apart and take my chip out and put the chip from the iphone on it and im going into apple when I next go blackwater dto see if apple can put it on for me cheers anyway if any other solutions email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
30. vincelongman (Posts: 3328; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Ok, sweet as, I'll keep you posted if I find a way to get iOS 7 on the iPod 4
4. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Do you think we're retarded, PhoneArena? Jk
5. papss (unregistered)
This is a tech site right? If we can't figure out how to backup and install an update on an apple product we may be on the wrong site.
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8367; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Not everyone is expertly familiar with running a smartphone.
8. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
another article about ios7,,i bet most bloggers here in phonearena uses iphone..
too many articles ..one theme..
10. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lmfao 96... you're a fool man... too funny.
15. nothingmuch (Posts: 188; Member since: 03 May 2013)
PA did it right here by laying out details on how to properly perform this action for the iphones, thankx PA
Me coming from a service tech at DTV , had to literally write down simple actions to take just for customers to turn on the tv, change inputs, how to work there own home stereo, etc. (I wish I was lying). But to put it bluntly, people are dumb and there are only a handful (compared to total population) that does the research to learn all they can on what they own. A ratio of 50:1
Oh, and for the ppl here that piss on PA for this article just dont realize, you literally have no idea of how many iphone customers are probable calling Apple's customer support right now for this very article's subject.
16. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Don't see how people at service centers can deal with these people all day who can't use the internet to figure it out.
17. chiru (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
how to backup pics from ipad to itunes..or any other way
18. imkyle (Posts: 1065; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
too bad my 4th generation iPod touch will not see this. Looks pretty sweet.
19. Legnaldo (Posts: 62; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
So the "easiest" and most "intuitive" phone, which at some point would even tell you that you had an update, needs a tutorial on how to do said update?
20. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
According to polls Android is easier/more intuitive than IOS.
22. Legnaldo (Posts: 62; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I know thats why I "quoted" it. I was being facetious, not serious. Thats usually peoples argument for having an iPhone.
21. teckem (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
What if I'm on Beta 5, can I jump to the final relesae using Itunes ?, or should I downgrade to 6.1.3 and then upgrade to 7 ?
23. drscranton (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
I just downloaded IOS 7 on my iPhone 5. it's a step backwards for the calendar interface. It's pathetic, actually. What was a good interface is now hard to see, poorly designed, and worse than an android phone.
The next disappointment is in the e-mail notifications. What was an easy to see blue dot that would tell you what e-mails were new is now a hard to read greyed-out number on the right side of the screen.
Next is the way the icons now appear, which is an insult to the retina display.
I'm still looking for the good stuff. Apple blew with this one. I sure miss Steve Jobs.
28. Shinydesert (Posts: 62; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
The color of some menus is way too light,I like the update a lot,but makes my Mini a bit choppy and not as responsive as before.I will reset everything over the weekend and see what happens.
31. ruman97 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
I've installed the IOS 7 on my IPOD TOUCH 5G but I'm still missing the compas.can someone tell me why? Please? And if u save a panaroma picture on the lock screen or the home page, it doesn't move around..can someone tell me y this is happening??