How to download and install the Android L beta update on your Nexus 5
0. phoneArena 01 Jul 2014, 02:13 posted on
Google outed the Android L developer preview images just as promised, so that devs can start hacking away at the SDK package, tinker and tweak until their apps are prepped for the new Material Design paradigm, or take advantage of the upgraded notifications system in Android L, for instance. With the new Android edition we got a thoroughly revamped interface with the fashionable "flat", but colorful demeanor that many Android manufacturers have opted for already...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
custom root flash suu muu tuu puu bla bla bla...
you can install iOS8 Beta to iphone in one click ... :)))))))))
4. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
How can I ban you from this page with one click?
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Looks like you don't like your iPad anymore :p +1
BTW I agree with him, Google should make this easy like iOS & WP.
29. markj73 (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
Yah so easy - especially when you get one ore more of these errors trying to update/restore the iDevice.
http :// support.apple.com/kb/TS3694
So many vague causes I would rather just do the two commands
adb reboot bootloader
much easier... even if you have success with iOS still have to click the device, click restore iphone/update click next, click agree, and pray...
5. peace247 (Posts: 195; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
IOS is for kids like u who just like to press colourful buttons...
7. Reeyawn (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Wish I could install a new brain in your head in one click
9. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
Nope. This tutorial taught how to upgrade from existing kitkat OS, so the data wasn't deleted. But remember in Android, there are many CHOICES,(unlike iOs) to do this upgrade. This morning, I flash it using my computer in single one-click (flash-all.bat), but the whole data was deleted. Single one click same as iOs 8 beta.
Because you had pulled me in this thing about the beta version installment, I'm sure you upgraded your iPhone/iPad unofficially by using the iOs 8 IPSW so you could bypass the UDID developer account check. The illegal way doesn't count.
12. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
no you can upgrade from iOS 7 to iOS8 beta in one click via upgrade button on itunes without data loss ;)
and also i have an udid registration ;)
13. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
what is the essence of one click in installing the beta version of OS? if you talked about the simplicity, let's talk about the data transfer. How much clicks do you need to transfer your songs using iTunes when you could do it only by copy-paste?
16. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
LOL... Have you ever had an android device?
So many times I've upgraded my Note 2 from Jelly Bean 4.1 to 4.2 to 4.3 to KitKat with one click and without data loss too. Now I'm waiting for Android L update from Samsung.
Does iOS have a sub $100 phone for developing countries? I'm still waiting the day when Apple can make a brand new sub $100 phone.
15. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Can you install iOS 8 in iPhone 4 in one click?
21. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
can you install kitkat to one year old an android device ?
22. mynameis (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Jun 2014)
YES. i have latest android version ( 4.4.4.) on my alomost 2 years old nexus 4
23. dougiefresh181 (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
hahaha i have it on my epic 4g touch from 2011 and even the htc hd2 has it and thats from 2009
24. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
yes, there are many old android devices that can be installed with kitkat. Someone from the XDA can install kitkat in Samsung Galaxy Ace which come out at 2011 and only have 384 MB of RAM. So what?
25. Volcra (Posts: 21; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Yes, my Samsung Galaxy S1 Has kitkat... It came out in 2010
27. dougiefresh181 (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
It's not illegal at all. It may void your warranty, but on a two year old device it's already up
30. TouchWiZSucks (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 May 2014)
You're Talking about a 4-year old flagship that was supported till mid 2014
Samsung Galaxy S3 didn't get KitKat even though it has the power.
Even many capable droids just hang on Jelly..
31. dougiefresh181 (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
The s3 was garbage when it came out and Samsung was always garbage with updates. Flash cm and you can have the latest 4.4 stock rom
28. desnewell (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Thanks for the info. Just reinstalled MultiROM and flashed the L rom. very smooth.
8. nodes (Posts: 681; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
the status bar icons on the preview are a bit different with images from Google, aren't they?
10. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
Yeah, the screenshot shows a bit different. In the google factory images, there is no Volta.
14. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
hold on a sec. this is a dev preview while the google factory images is a beta, isn't it?
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Aborted. Will wait this time :D