How to download YouTube video to your Android phone
There are plenty of YouTube video downloaders for the PC, but not so much for mobile. However, the TubeMate app is one of those rare finds.
1. Obviously, the first thing you'll have to do is to download and install TubeMate. For understandable reasons, the app isn't found on the official Google Play Store, so you'll have to get it from elsewhere. The developer warns that there are many malicious apps that claim to be TubeMate, so it has kindly provided a secure list of download locations.
2. If you have downloaded the .apk file using your computer, you now have to transfer that .apk file to your phone/tablet.
3. Once you have the TubeMate apk on your device, you need to actually install the app. Don't forget to check the "Unknown sources" option found in the settings. Otherwise, the system will not let you install the apk.
4. When the installation finishes, you launch the app and find the video you're looking for using the search function.
5. With the desired video chosen, you click on the Download button and then choose the Save option.
And that's it! Please keep in mind that we do not support YouTube video downloading. If you have internet access, just use the YouTube app and watch your video. Be cool.
Visit the dev's site for safe TubeMate download links.
1. Gaurav008 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 09:26 2 0
I have a youtube downloader app in my gs2...da app was made avaliable in google play store a few months a ago...though later it was removed i managed to get a copy of the app...
2. Ohrules posted on 02 Aug 2012, 10:20 8 0
"Please keep in mind that we do not support YouTube video downloading."
Then why are you even posting this article?
9. Tux4g63 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 13:34 1 0
I am guessing it is for protection from litigation, a CYA thing.
4. plgladio posted on 02 Aug 2012, 10:49 1 0
It helped me a lot long back, no idea why it has been pulled out from Play Store. But initially downloaded from Market, later it was removed.
5. JunkCreek posted on 02 Aug 2012, 11:05 3 0
i've use tubemate to download animation movies my son likes such as pocoyo, gazoon, zumbers etc for a year or so. may be it may get copyright issues if the movies can freely downloaded by end user, because the tv stations/services had to pay the contract so they can broadcast the movies? so tubemate removed from gplay.
6. scorpio85 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 11:14 2 0
Cool but can someone tell me how to download Vevo music videos from my Android phone? (If possible)
7. davenycept posted on 02 Aug 2012, 11:59 2 0
Download tubegod (it has a green download icon)
8. taz89 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 13:31 1 0
Lol you say you don't advocate this yet show how to do it
10. Awaragardiyan posted on 02 Aug 2012, 14:10 0 0
U can download utube videos savefrom.net . Just enter the url and download it!
14. Richal posted on 06 May 2013, 04:34 0 0
Using the Tubemate is one of the ways to download youtube on Android, I have found there are four ways to do the job from this article tablet-of-android.blogspot.com/2013/04/freely-download-youtube-videos-to.html