How to create an Apple ID without a credit card
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2014, 10:39 posted on
Several days ago, we were tinkering with our iPhone, trying to create a new Apple account, also known as Apple ID, so that we could download some apps on it. Yet we couldn't. The iPhone was actively refusing to create a new Apple ID for us unless we provided it with some credit card information. As any intelligent individual would do in such a case, we brought up Google in hopes to find a solution to the issue. Eventually, we managed to avoid the said requirement, but it took us quite a bit of searching before we came across a solution that actually worked. That's why we thought we'd put together this how-to guide, meant help souls who happen to end up in our situation...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. androidTaker (unregistered)
By using a DEBIT card...
3. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
You don't need to do all of that... All you need is an iTunes card (which you can redeem on the set up process) to make one.
10. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Yes because everyone who doesn't have a credit/debit card carries around an iTunes card with them.
4. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2887; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Or just install iTunes, select a free app for download, create an AppleID and select none
5. Dante216 (Posts: 32; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Or just factory reset your phone and the option for no credit card is available when creating a new apple ID in the setup process
7. sap_sudip1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
You don't have to go that way as well. I have next process.
First be sure that you have not entered any apple id in the setting of your iphone.
1. Open app store in your iphone or ipad
2. Choose any apps to download
3. Before download process runs you will be asked to enter apple id that is either already created or create apple id
4. Choose 'create new apple id 'option
5. Then fill up the form. Enter all necessary data then go to next
6. Now in next page you will be asked to integrate your apple id with itunes
7. There now in payment method you will see none option along with visa , master card...
8 .choose none and then fill other data
Hurray you will get new apple id.
9. Ikechukwu (Posts: 201; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Did this nearly 4 years ago on my ipod touch(DEAD!) forgot how I even did it but it didn't need a debit or gift card
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12958; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
What adult would have an iPhone but not a cc or dc lil?
12. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2887; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
In a lot of countries, credit/debitcards are not as common to have as in America. That's one large complaint in the Netherlands about appstore and playstore, the need for such a card.
13. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Me, i don't need that. Since i have a lot lil cousin whose like to borrow my iPad. My friend have a kids and his kid accidentally purchased so many in app downloadable content (about $400 or so..), i didn't know how it's happen since i never provided cc or dc information. Shouldn't iTunes ask your apple id and password?
I prefer using iTunes gift card which still pretty hard to get in Indonesia.
14. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I make money off this lol. I have an apple id and people pay me to download apps for them.
15. almostdone (Posts: 231; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
There is an easier way... Just stop using Apple products.
Worked for me. :)