How to create a portable hotspot on your Android device and share your mobile data via Wi-Fi or USB
0. phoneArena 17 Jun 2014, 09:54 posted on
Sharing your smartphone's mobile data with other devices in your keep can be a life saver, and seriously ranks among the very coolest thing your smartphone can do. Got a tablet without a data module? No problem, just tether it to your smartphone or create a portable hotspot. No WiFi available, but you want to check something on your laptop?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. md227a (Posts: 130; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Most be a slow news day, to post an article like this?
3. DillWeed (Posts: 103; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Hey, piss off. I believe that everyone who opens this Web site already knows how to do this basic thing.
What next, how to change wallpaper?
6. eman99 (Posts: 253; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
There is nothing about the fact that you have to pay for this service through your carrier
16. TruPatriot (Posts: 92; Member since: 27 May 2013)
Could have been thought through a lot better
7. eman99 (Posts: 253; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
It say I have to subscribe to use the feature
14. Kude_1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Just depends on what service / plan you have. All of the new plans come with it now. I'm sure about sprint, but T-Mobile, ATT, and Verizon its all included in the data packages.
17. shuaibhere (Posts: 1743; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well...we are free to do it here in india...
US carriers are ripping of customers seriously...
8. jphillips63 (Posts: 191; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Really PA you guys think we are so dumb we can't turn on our own wifi hotspot on our phones and tether our laptops or tablets to them?
11. nothingmuch (Posts: 183; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Maybe old news, bbuuut everyday there are still newcomers to android! Bravo PA for keeping up the "how to's" periodically.
19. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 212; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
I agree 100% with you...Thanks PhoneArena!
12. deewinc (Posts: 196; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
hahaha someone is busy watching the WorldCup
13. sprockkets (Posts: 1453; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
They should show how to use pdanet+ on phones where att and Verizon remove it.