How to circumvent Facebook Messenger (for now) and keep your chats in the main FB app
0. phoneArena 18 Aug 2014, 04:56 posted on
The recent trend to decouple key features from an app into a separate one is apparently not being regarded well by most users. Two among the more popular social apps put there, Foursquare and Facebook decided to undertake this fairly unpopular practice – while the former decoupled the check-in feature to a whole new app, called Swarm, the latter decided that its users shouldn't be able to chat from the main Facebook app anymore, but make use of the chat head-wielding, permission-asking Messenger instead...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Settings (Posts: 806; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
I never updated the Facebook app before the redesign of the UI. I backed up the apk too, in case of automatic download. Also I uninstalled FB Messenger. Damn you ZUCKS!
2. Ashoaib (Posts: 2501; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I hate when fb was forcing me to install app even for reading my msgs... instead of forced install, I am not using fb from quite many days and not likely soon
3. Settings (Posts: 806; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Facebook on mobile browser is fast too, in comparison to the new redesgined UI app.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6807; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And i will NEVER LET FB read my phone even though the app is on there. why install the message so u can spy on us? hell with them. i hardly use it on my phone.
4. Planterz (Posts: 1275; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
7. vincelongman (Posts: 1775; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Cool, great work from the xda community
IMO the Android version of Messenger is actually kind of useful because of the chat heads, especially for multitasking
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is madness! You can't force someone to use your FB Messenger when there are better ones out there like Wechat, Line, Hangouts etc. Damn you Zuck, your attitude sucks.
But anyways, thanks to PA for this helpful stuff you showed us.
6. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 268; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Just don't update it I've got Facebook v15.0 in my Dropbox since v16 requires messenger .
8. buccob (Posts: 1657; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I hated that they forced me to installed Messenger just to read my conversations... BUT I have to admit that I actually like the app on Android... chat heads are very cool, great multi-tasking
9. elitewolverine (Posts: 2394; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Didnt install on my Note 3, wp doesnt have this issue, messenger still integrated with the app for now.
10. javy108 (Posts: 165; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
I hate Facebook Messenger, I use Facebook V3.5 c: