How to change Motorola Moto G covers
It also has one particularly neat customization feature - removable covers. You can easily peel off the back cover and change the traditional black one with say a blue, red or yellow one to better match your style and personality. It’s fun. Oh, but did we say 'easily'? Try taking the back cover off without watching the video below and you might end up with broken fingernails. Well, maybe we're exaggerating a bit, but still, taking the back cover off the Moto G is a surprisingly challenging task.
If you get the hang of it, though, it’s easy. Motorola has prepared a separate video to show you just how simple it can be if you follow these four steps:
1. Rotate the phone 180 degrees - it should be in a vertical position, but the camera should be in its bottom part.
2. Hold your right thumb on the Motorola logo.
3. Start peeling off the cover with your left hand, starting from the microUSB port.
4. Remove it!
And voila! It’s as simple as that, and you’d get better with practice, so you can quickly change the color and style of your Moto G.
1. surethom (Posts: 321; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Make them more grippy the phone can slip from the hand.
9. Landmarkcm (Posts: 467; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Yes it can. I already broke the screen on one! It did not even fall that far either. I was thinking of getting the flip shell cover.. But I think Im just going to be extra careful!
2. tech2 (Posts: 2480; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Thanks, Victor ! Without this article I wasn't able to open back cover. Nor such a basic piece of information was provided in the manual. I just starred at my phone and thought the cover would just pop open with my jedi powers but it didn't :,(
But fear not when Victor, the saviour of all that's holy and geeky, is here !
Just reply me with your home address and I would be glad to personally send a boutique of flowers, as I am sure your house would've been already full of roses on Valentine's Day by the lives you've touched upon by this article.
4. lalalaman (Posts: 392; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I read that 2 times and now..... I can't stop laughing:D:D:D
5. lalalaman (Posts: 392; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Boutique of flowers??.....lolololololol....
3. cripton805 (Posts: 999; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
It was easy for me the very first time. I was actually wondering how people were trying to get it off? Did people really try to take it off at the flush edges? Cmon people. Common sense. Maybe it was the excitement. lol
8. Landmarkcm (Posts: 467; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
I really don't get the complaints about people having such trouble getting the back off. I am a guy with groomed so not long nails & I have had two of the g's as I cracked one both no problems at all. I have changed the color twice now. I actually just got a red back door from moto today and also have the turquoise. It's so easy you simply slip your finger along the bottom as instructed in the charging area & it snaps right off! :)
10. cripton805 (Posts: 999; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Where do you get covers and how much? Im in the US, and I havent really seen them anywhere.
11. Landmarkcm (Posts: 467; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
There not in stores. Motorola website direct usually has them all in stock the most often 14.99 for the standard back ones. Also amazon if avail & various other sites including hsn.com . A good ole google search can tell you too but those are your best bets :)