How-to: change Android's system font to a custom .ttf font using HiFont
0. phoneArena 02 May 2014, 05:15 posted on
As with most things Android, installing custom fonts is actually a 1-2-3-Go! procedure if you know the right app. In this case, this is HiFont - a free font manager and installer for rooted devices that not only lets you download pre-selected fonts through a fancy portal, but also gives you the freedom to sideload and apply fonts across the whole system...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. Ashoaib (Posts: 1213; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Yes, this is the thing which I(infact millions) love about andriod.. we can virtually change anything
3. Qbancelli (Posts: 59; Member since: 11 Mar 2010)
Oh come on! We've been doing this with Font Changer and Font Installer since Android was born.
5. Ashoaib (Posts: 1213; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Yes, we are but give the credit to android where credit is due... no other platform is so flexible as android is
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Does anyone know how to have the "Powered by Android" logo on the phone's boot up animation (no root if possible)?
10. Planterz (Posts: 560; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Changing boot animations typically requires root (or always, unless it's a feature buit-in to specific phones). An unlocked bootloader might be required as well. I can't say for certain; I tried changing the boot animation my my rooted (but locked bootloader) Galaxy Light T399 with Rom Toolbox Pro, and it didn't do anything.
13. Cicero (Posts: 206; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
I change the boot animation on my own pictures. Take a look on xda and there you will find how to do it. It's easy but you will need some tries (changing some variables) to the perfect match. Root is a must.
15. Ishmeet (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Samsung has the bootanimations in a different format and place on the device. In such case, you'll need to replace it manually using any root based browsers and using a guide from XDA.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2661; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
PA just a note. All touchwiz devices can do this, not only s3 and note series.
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2661; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I love condensed Roboto, my personal favourite.
17. Ishmeet (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Can't agree more. I side loaded it on my device and loving it.
12. jibraihimi (Posts: 656; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
ifont is also very good app. For changing your fonts, if you have rooted phone.....
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I would appreciate it more if it requires no rooting at all...
16. Ishmeet (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
While samsung provides this functionality out of the box, other OEMs prefer to keep this functionality stowed away so as to provide a so called simplistic experience and uniformity.