- The Apex beta Google Group has to be joined using the same Gmail account you are using on your Android phone or tablet to peruse the Play Store.
- Once joining the Apex Group, use the Apex Beta program link to officially become a tester with the account you used to log into the Google Group.
- The last step is to go to the Play Store and download the stable Apex Launcher, and beta updates will be automatically pushed to you since you have logged into the tester program with the same Google account.
- The Apex crew lists several warnings that you should keep in mind if there are any issues - if you get a 404 error message, that means you haven't successfully joined the Apex Google Group for some reason, or you haven't signed in with the same account you use for the Play Store. Also, if it seems that you are still sporting the previous Apex Launcher version, reboot your phone in order to get the beta 2.2 update. Finally, if you want to return to the stable Apex that is official in the Play Store, you have to leave the beta testing program by clicking on the "Leave the test" link here. Afterwards just uninstall Apex 2.2 Beta and install the latest Play Store version, and you are good to go.
Thus, the exclusive for Nexus 5 transparent status bar is not so exclusive anymore, as it is present in Apex 2.2, but the whole Google Experience Launcher, that is basically a front for the Google Search app now, isn't available with 3rd party launchers, of course.
How to bring the KitKat interface to any Android with Apex Launcher 2.2, transparency included
1. androiphone20 (Posts: 1629; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Microsoft trolling much?http://31.media.tumblr.com/9c3
b4bbea32b23fc8de0408cd3bc2458/ tumblr_mwkyy9hp2a1r3kmkso1_400 .jpg
7. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 723; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Being jealous has never helped a company.. Thats why MS is drowning...
Innovation/invention helps companies... Thats why Google & Apple are miles ahead of MS.
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1898; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Wait Nova already updated their interface to Kitkat? *checks phone* Still looks jelly bean to me.
3. rakaze (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Normal Nova on Play Store is not updated, only Nova Launcher beta (in which you have to register/be registered to participate), this Apex version is also on beta as the source link points you to join to the beta (you have to join to see the content on the link :\ ) in Google Play Store/Google Prouducts beta.
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 1898; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
ah I see thanks for clearing that up. hope it comes to the play store soon.
6. andrejx (Posts: 28; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
It requires root access for enabling transparent status bar...
8. SupermanayrB (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Hopefully Holo Launcher will follow suit.
9. brunp (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Dec 2013)
I can't join the Apex developer group, the program link is not valid.