How to annoy Generation Y - just call them (comic)
0. phoneArena 26 Nov 2012, 09:29 posted on
Study after study and survey after survey indicate that we are talking and texting less from our phones, compared to just a year or two ago, for the sake of IM, tweeting, sending emails and jonesing Facebok updates...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Commentator (Posts: 2436; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm pretty sure lengthy voicemails are annoying to everyone.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm pretty sure voice mails are introduced just to make things simple...we humans make the most out of it!! LOL!
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Not a part of it... But it's partly right though!
4. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
SO TRUE. My parents do this to me all the time.
5. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
The greeting message on my voicemail:
"Hi, you've reached ME! And chances are, I'm not busy. I'm just ignoring your phone call because I'd rather you send me a text message. So hang up the phone, open your inbox, and send me a text. Or leave me a voicemail and I'm sure I'll check it eventually..."
Problem is, people call me just to have their friends listen to it. And my mom still leaves me voicemails saying, "Call me..." when she could have texted that in the first place...
6. nicholassss (Posts: 351; Member since: 10 May 2012)
"You've reached Nicholas, sorry I missed your call. I do not check my voicemail. If you're calling from a mobile device your best bet is to text or email me. Thank you."
I hate checking my voicemail, but I usually always answer my phone so it doesn't matter.
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Usted to leave fancy messages on mine, until I got bored of it.... My new idea is to make my default message simple then answer my phone the same way, people will actually think is your voicemail and be anoyed ,
Lol. mom learned to text (and send emoticons witch creeps me out)
15. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
My mom feels the need to give every emoticon a "clown nose", basically this: :o) or :o(
12. Stuntman (Posts: 733; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
So, if she texts you to call her, what do you do?
7. Azure01 (Posts: 126; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well these "improvements" in technology certainly are a way to limit population growth, especially if people don't even bother meeting in person any more.
9. remixfa (Posts: 13933; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I've trained my rents. They still call all the damn time and get the voicemail 99% of the time. When they get bored with being ignored I get texts, email, and facebook lines.
I used like 6 minutes last month and 3k texts lol.
11. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Your assigned a phone number for a reason, I miss the old way of communication, people are so informal nowadays.
13. Stuntman (Posts: 733; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I hate it when I leave a voice mail message saying why I called and then later get a call back from that person asking what I what? Like, didn't you check the voice mail?
16. kylehudsons (Posts: 49; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Ain't nobody got time for checking voicemail.... Duh!!!!
14. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
i was under the opinion that Gen Y was the 15-30 age bracket, maybe the younger have will be agrevated with voice mails, but i don't see the older crowd minding quite as much