How to access the SIM card applications and services on iPhone
Now, accessing the SIM card applications is an easy task if you have an Android device – an icon depicting a SIM card appears in the app drawer, and the user just needs to tap it. But on an iPhone, these apps are accessible in a different way. First you go to your Settings menu and from there you pick "Phone". At the bottom of the screen that comes next, there's an option that reads "SIM Applications". This is what you need to tap. That's pretty much it, and whatever features the carrier has pre-loaded in the SIM card memory will appear here. Our SIM card, for example, provides billing and payments information, as well as options to view calls we've missed while the phone has been out of service.
How to access SIM card applications on iPhone
1. Open your Settings menu
2. Tap on Phone
3. The SIM Applications option is at the bottom of the list
4. You should now get access to a text-based menu
5. Features enabled by the carrier are listed here. Ours include checking our balance and toggling services on or off
6. techperson211 (Posts: 543; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
I don't think iPhone user's is dumb enough not to know this?
7. buccob (Posts: 1373; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Ignorance is not about intelligence. And this among other iOS stuff is NOT very intuitive.
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3083; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I hate that sim toolkit icon on my drawer, I simply hide it since i never use them. Why pay for sh*tty services, when you can get them free.
3. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
thank for another very-value-added apple article PA :)
4. power_x (Posts: 217; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Does anyone from PA lives in Kuwait ? There's a carrier there called VIVA (the same shown in the slideshow above)