How-to: Root and Unlock your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 30 May 2013, 23:54 posted on
With the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 out for a week now, it should come as no surprise that the folks over at XDA have found a way to root and unlock the device. This shouldn't come as a shocker, since the international version of the Galaxy S4 was cracked last month.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mydi.maus (unregistered)
Now I can root vzn wireless gs4
2. freebee269 (Posts: 486; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
I didn't realize the Verizon gs4 had this many steps to get to an unlocked boot loader. My at&t gs4 didn't seem like it took this much work when the boot loader unlock came out. And now there's a program that automates the whole thing called casual, developed by Adam outlier.
3. FAUguy (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
There is a new all-in-one method listed at the end, which can make the process easier if a person isn't comfortable with doing all the steps in the instructions.
14. enegreiros (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
I could not because as soon as I installed the VRUAMD2 in the gadjet restarted but came back with a black screen not being possible to see instructions. this also happened with the file all in one. can someone help me? GT-I9505 - I9505XXUEMI8
5. true1984 (Posts: 243; Member since: 23 May 2012)
that's because verizon puts their own lock on all their phones to prevent people from rooting their phones to eliminate things like wifi hotspot hacks so they can charge extra for it
4. velazkid (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Can somebody tell my why somebody would want to "root" their phone? I've heard it talked about so much over the years, but never having a smartphone until now (or rather, soon) I never payed much attention. What does it do? What are the advantages?
7. cybervlad81 (Posts: 83; Member since: 04 Apr 2011)
Replace the thread number of the above xda link with the following one for the note II vzw: "2024207"
8. FAUguy (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
9. bilster (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
HELP! I did the steps till the point of successfully installing the ClockWorkMod without testing my international SIM. I just found out that the phone is giving me the "Non-Verizon SIM" message. How do I fully unlock the phone? Please help me. Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you.
10. FAUguy (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using an international SIM after rooting and unlocking. It would probably be best to ask the question on the XDA forums, since that is where the devs would most likely be able to help.
11. Zenik (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
I got the unlock code from safeunlockcode.com but you can check also on cellunlocker.net to see where is a better price for your network.
12. marktrott (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I have successfully unlocked my two handsets from unlockgalaxys.com so don’t forget to check out and review the unlocking websites before you proceed for unlocking
13. fingaflip12 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
all those files after i downloaded it wont open, i did unzip still wont let me open can anyone help me my email is email@example.com
15. jalanderos (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)
When I open Odin I see that you have the ID: COM in green I think that means that your phone is connected to the computer, mine is not getting connected or Odin is not working please give me heads up thanks
16. nitneuq8 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
Hello, it doesn't work with my galaxy S4 sch i545 verizon.
Someone can help me ?
I'm from belgium and speak french but understand english