How often do you use the S Pen stylus of your Galaxy Note 3?
0. phoneArena 06 Mar 2014, 09:06 posted on
With the Galaxy Note 3, Samsung improved significantly on the winning S Pen formula, by introducing better pressure sensitivity, new features, and centralized Air Command navigation wheel. In addition, there are now much more applications in the Play Store, tailored specifically to take advantage of Samsung's S Pen stylus...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Finest (Posts: 90; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Actually having to own a note 2 i never used it :D i just happen to took it out when we bought it and that's all i can recall :)
48. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Believe me pal, u dont know wat u r missin out on.
The S-Pen is an excellent device paired with an equally excellent smartphone...especially on the Note 3....n i owned a Note 2 before so yeah on the Note 2 as well.
I am into management and constantly on the move....i cant even begin to tell you how useful it is for taking detailed notes, quick memos, sketching ideas and collaboration along with multi tasking
49. Gemmol (Posts: 780; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
He not missing much I have a note 3 and I do not use mines, its just our personal preference, I am glad they did this poll, it shows not many people use it, which was my point. When the 1520 launch every Samsung fan made a big deal about the pen, but just like the poll show not everyone use it like that, so its not a huge deal, but for you it may be a huge deal, so its good Samsung give people option, maybe the next Lumia 1520 will give people options with a pen for people like you who need one
66. charizzardd (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Sep 2014)
hmm, I would read the poll as the opposite actually. 2/3 of those polled actually use their s-pen at least casually (22% all the time and 42% casually or occasionally). The minority is the one group who never uses it.
3. chrislars (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
I have a feeling that people who don't actually have any note device are the ones voting lol.
28. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I wanted to be as well but I decided not to corrupt the voting!
18. jcdz89 (Posts: 78; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
I think u r correct.. Well I'm a note 3 user & I usually use the styles. It has some useful applications.
30. imran86 (Posts: 159; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I am one of those too but my brother has it and he often lets me use it and the thing i use the most is the S pen on it.
4. fouadqr (Posts: 326; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
The stylus? Oh, yeah, I showed it off, and it's been grounded since
40. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
Sadly you wish to have one right?? Troll..
5. MetroPhase (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
haha I have to grab popcorn and Twizzlers for this one
7. TheMan (Posts: 467; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I think many would say that they lost it and haven' replaced it.
8. N3Z1droid (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
take phone call from my Z1 then sometimes write some important note with Note 3, oh well for now i am satisfied... :P
9. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
To be completely honest, i almost never used it on the Note 2.
But now i cant go a day without it. Be it to doodle randomly, to cropping images, to copy and pasting while in Multi Window, and even for playing TicTacToe with my 6 year old baby sister.
The One Max tempted me very much. (And please, no spec wars. It performs nicely)
10. cR203 (Posts: 199; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I just recently traded my galaxy mega for octa core note 3 variant. As a college student I use my s pen daily. Even on my note 2 and 1 I used the s pen pretty often. I like the s pen and the features surrounding it.
11. ECPirate37 (Posts: 150; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I miss having a stylus. I used to use the one on my HTC Freeze, I meant Fuze. Honestly, if HTC re-released the Fuze with a larger screen, and running android; I would buy it again. I don't care that it was thick. It felt awesome in my hand.
I didn't vote since I do not have the Note 3, but if I had one, I would probably use it. By the way, seriously, I miss my Fuze. haha
12. KingDingaLing (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I rarely use it myself. I do a little photo editing and what not. But to be completely honest, I think i know about 10% of what the pen is actually capable of doing. I should probably do more research on youtube or something. This phone has a ton of features and capabilities and I think I hardly scratch the surface of what it can do.
14. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I think that speaks volumes about the note3 an its owners.
They feel satisfied enough using the note without it, but as an option.
I'd probably be the same, leaving it docked most of the time unless I was sitting at a desk,
Options, can be good, or bad, but even from my perspective, this seems like a good one for the Note.
62. ECPirate37 (Posts: 150; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I haven't looked up for the note 3, but usually there are videos or articles for "Top tricks for _____ (insert phone)" And it won't tell you everything, but it will tell you like 5-7 things that you might not know your phone does.
15. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Does anyone use it? Ok, 5.7" is amazing, but to use a pen?
16. CHEFJEFF (Posts: 143; Member since: 22 Sep 2009)
I had a Note2 but never used the stylus, just wanted a big ass phone.
17. isprobi (Posts: 586; Member since: 30 May 2011)
My wife and I both have Note 1 and both of us rarely (a few times in a year( use the pen. Which is why I just updated to a Sony Xperia Z Ultra instead of a Note 3.
39. Topcat488 (Posts: 1391; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
The Stylus in the Note 1 "can't be compared with the Note 3's Stylus"! O.o
19. jellmoo (Posts: 1438; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Wow... This is actually a little sad. Here you have this awesome productivity tool that is pretty much the defining part of the Note line, and it is neglected. I think it's the line between people looking for a productivity/business tool, and looking for a fun toy.
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
And that's exactly why it's dumb that people put the 1520 down for not having a stylus... Most of these phablets are purchased by the average consumer who uses them for media consumption,, not productivity.. It's really no big deal, and I'd rather have my 4hhac mics then a stylus... Nevertheless, it's cool that Samsung offers their Phablet with a pen... I really think that companies should offer at least two phablets.. One that focuses on media consumption, and one for productivity.. After all, who wants to pay for features that they don't use.....
In other words, we shouldn't be closed minded, and strictly defining a phablet as a productivity device...
25. jellmoo (Posts: 1438; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Oh absolutely, there are different audiences for devices. I would be all over a 1520 if it had a stylus (and similar software perks like the S Pen), but that's because I'm looking for a productivity device. If somebody is looking for more of a consumption/fun device, then more power to them.
For the Note 3 in particular though, the S Pen is amazing and I feel a little sad that it doesn't get the love.
57. alumoyo (Posts: 340; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Well I think a lot of people have transitioned to typing fully now. I hardly write ANYTHING nowadays - I'm retired from the sport of wrist-gymnastics! Plus you have the voice dictation stuff coming along nicely too - especially for those who don't have "exotic" accents! So for many, handwriting died in high school.
20. infinitemethod (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I use it quite often. I like being able to write on my calendar. Also, the ability to write down a phone number, then do the action memo thing to call it has come in handy on several occasions.
23. robocopvn (Posts: 387; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
My cousin and my uncle each has a Note2 , and I never see them use a stylus pen :)) :))
24. ojdidit84 (Posts: 454; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Most of the time I forget it's there until other people are playing with my phone and pull out the stylus and then I'm like, "Oh yeah, I do have a stylus on that thing don't I"
26. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I've only had my Note 3 for a few days, but I am using my S Pen for almost everything that I do with it, and I'm loving it.
Why would people vote if they don't even have a Note? Seems pretty counter intuitive to me...
50. Gemmol (Posts: 780; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Eventually you will stop, you only use it every day because its new to you, this what happen to me when I got the first Note I use it every day until I stop, it wasn't important to me no more and the novelty effect died off
27. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2230; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I didn't even use it... Its a gimmick....
29. twens (Posts: 947; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
The note 3 makes hitting on gals on viber and whatsapp so easy. I am a hell of an artist and I doodle interesting stuffs and send it to them. They just fall in love. So easy. Note 3 gets me laid.lol
31. nexusdude (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
I see 3, maybe 4 lies in your statement.
Edit: Nope, actually 5.
33. GeekMovement (Posts: 2134; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I use the S-Pen on my note 2 ALL THE TIME. Texting, browsing, social networks, games (that are compatible), etc. I'm really tired of wiping my screen with fingerprints and grease all over it. That's why I'm considering just sticking with the Note line until an antifingerprint technology comes.
34. ameran (Posts: 227; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
I have been using it since I got it last year. I haven't touched the screen with my fingers since then. I really love the pen for my Note 3.
You have more accuracy using the pen.
35. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Why would anyone buy a Note if they wont use the stylus?
51. Gemmol (Posts: 780; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Because they prefer a phone with a bigger screen, that's my opinion and its my reason, but since the Lumia 1520 came out with a bigger and better screen no reason for me to buy a note again especially with 8.1 update coming
36. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Action memo is definitely handy for everyone, and the very precision and flexibility of the stylus is irreplaceable for some ambitious things.
I use S Pen daily and will never buy a phone without such stylus again
37. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I don't know if I would use the stylus for the Note 3, but I do actually have a Note 10.1 2014 and I use the stylus every day in class. It is possible that I would be the rare person who actually used the stylus on the phone.
52. magnanimus (Posts: 508; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I use mine for all my notes, so its literally just my note and some textbooks I take to class :P I sync to Evernote after every school day.
55. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I do the same, but I use Papyrus app. I don't think it is any better than Evernote, but I just got used to it. I love being able to take pictures of things like graphs in a book and put them right into my notes.
38. AntiFanBoyz (unregistered)
Almost 1500 votes... I wonder what percentage actually own a Note 3. I use mine every couple days, which I think is between "all the time" and "sometimes".
41. cripton805 (Posts: 1392; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I would use it for work if I had one almost everyday. Id save myself thousands of post its a year. I didnt vote because I dont own it.
43. skymitch89 (Posts: 1283; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I use the sPen all the time, but not for drawing, handwriting, clipping, annotating, or simply doodling. I use it in place of my finger because the point is soo much smaller than my finger.
44. Tattari (Posts: 24; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
I have a note 3, and i actually use it , for the screen clip & share feature , pretty sweet , neat and quick to share , instead of taking a print screen and cropping .
45. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Note 2 user and for jotting notes e.g. grocery lists I love it. Also, excellent to annotate screenshots.
46. Slammer (Posts: 1515; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I couldn't vote due to not owning a Note. However, while there are certain things a stylus is unnecessary, the offset is that a stylus is far more accurate than a finger on many other applications. I just don't see a stylus sitting idol if I were to own a Note. It would most likely be utilized 50% of the time.
It really is nice to have this option.
53. jpix2010 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Phone arena shows good apps and YouTube look up note 3 tips and tricks found out great info
54. jeimkle (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
what kind of stoooopid question is that? I wonder why I got a a Note 3 in the first place? Must be the screen and nothing else I guess it's time to toss your iPhone 3 and make that upgrade
58. jonbed (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
Its not about how much you use it. Its about being there when you need it.