How much storage memory do you actually have in your phone?
0. phoneArena 17 Oct 2012, 09:34 posted on
There has been a brouhaha lately about the troubling trend of unibody smartphone designs that find no place for a microSD card slot for expanding the memory that the manufacturers decided to embed in there. That is why we wanted to ask you, dear readers, how much memory do you actually carry in your phone - we mean the internal storage amount that came with your handset, plus an eventual memory card placed in there...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Buy Note 2, You can have up to 178 GB!! Thats what i am waiting to buy too..
11. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
me to but u can easy carry 2-3 extra storage msdcards in ur pocket :D if u want :-) thats why i love the msdcard-slot on phones.
17. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
178 or 128 coz internal 64+memory car 64 =128
38. Zahrawy (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Actually, there is already 128GB xtreme capacity MSD. So, 128 + 64 = a whooping 192GB.
39. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
The galaxy note II can accept memory cards with capacity up to 64 GB only.
54. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Already have mine! =D
+ my 64GB MicroSD!
And some still claim that expandable memory is useless just coz the flagships of their fav company don't support it.
61. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
hey shut up... my nokia 3310 has seveal megabytes...
69. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
1TB SD MICRO CARD :)
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
16gb thank you very much :)
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Wow someone really has the 2gb device... They sure have a very happy life :D
13. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
As a matter of fact, there should be an option like "Less than 2 GB". I'd say, those people have real outgoing, busy life.
Not someone who keeps staring at millions of pixels and hogging up bandwidth day and night.
22. Android2627 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Less then 2 GB would be only Nokians i Bet!
30. Ahsan (Posts: 37; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Nimbuzz for Symbian 1.14MB
Nimbuzz for Android, iOS 14MB
31. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I'm a Nokian in 16GB category :p
But you are right to some extent.
37. XperiaUser (unregistered)
16 GB SD card + 300 Mb internel memory = Xperia Ray
46. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Shut up Wendy!! Ya know y? Well, Cuz I'm one of the people who have only 2 gigs of storage so... SHUT UP U PICKY BITCH, DON'T HATE ON 2 GIGERs!!!!!!!!!!!
49. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hey, its not the size of your hard drive, its how u store things. :)
I have 32 gigs, and I use about 4 since most of my stuff is synced.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
the question shouldnt be "how much do you carry with you" but more so "how much do you actually use?"
4. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Currently rocking the Sprint version of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus, so 32GB. I don't plan on using all of it either since, with my old phone, most of the storage came from my music. But now with Google Play Music, all my music's on the cloud. For pictures, I use 1.3MP, but the GNex doesn't take spectacular photos, but they're good enough for my social networks. And surprisingly, apps aren't taking up much space like I thought they would, especially since I have games as well. Then again, I came from an Intercept, so the GNex is a pretty HUGE upgrade.
6. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
I just realised that 16GB is actually enough for me and it's just nice.. But if I have to buy phones with non-expandable storage, then I will have to choose 32GB and above, "just-in-case"..
16. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Same here. 16 GB is enough for me. 9 GB worth mp3 music, plus around 1.5GB worth of captured images and still some space remain... My phone only takes good pics, vids are crappy. Unless someone wants to shoot/store HD vids I don't think he/she's gonna need 16GB+ and just in case I have a secondary phone with 8GB memory. I admit that comes handy at times.
45. thunder18 (Posts: 126; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
The only problem with that thinking is I have a Galaxy S 2 from Sprint with an advertized "16GB" of internal storage. Truthfully, you only have 11.5GB available to you. 1.97GB is used for application data and the rest I'm sure is being used for system rom data and such, but if you had my phone, that would leave you with 1 GB of data remaining. Of course, you'd still have the MicroSD card slot to use if you ran out, but the storage numbers the manufacturers throw around are misleading at best. They need to start quoting user available memory in any case.
7. SkOne (Posts: 95; Member since: 02 May 2012)
32 gb sgs3 + 64 gb memory card + 74.5 gb dropbox = 170.5gb of goodness =] =] =]
33. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
With all that storage I really feel bad about a phone's battery life. Even if you do start watching vids frequently on your phone you end up charging it much frequently, effectively depleting the rated recharge cycles of battery unit. I had done this before and had to replace my phone's battery twice -__-