How much better are the stereo speakers on the Xperia Z2 over the Xperia Z1? This video provides a clue
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
"Now please focus on trimming the bezel fat, will you, Sony?"
Now please stop bashing Sony, will you, PA?
I wonder when are you going to understand that these bezels are for water proofing?
And why don't you say anything about All the new One's fat bezels without being water tight??
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Bezels...bezels...bezels...yes, I know phones with thin bezels looks awesome but that doesn't mean phones with thicker bezels doesn't look awesome at all. The reason why Sony phones have thicker bezels is because of the water proofing, PA should give credit where it's due. Now, let's look at the Xperia Z2, Sony already listened to many people that they don't like the thick bezels and Sony tried their best to make the side bezels thinner, and now PA still complain about the bezels.
Can't you be satisfied, PA?
21. Chris.P (Posts: 315; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
As someone who's currently using the Xperia Z1 as his daily driver, I'd say that the size of the phone is a legitimate concern, waterproofed or not.
Credit where credit's due, that's fair enough, but it goes both ways, or at least it should, no? Wouldn't you agree that we'd be all better served if Sony were to focus on trying to reduce the impact of said waterproofing, like we are suggesting?
30. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 972; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
He does have a point, the Z1 is very unwieldy next to the HTC One or even the Butterfly S, the straight edges only make it worse, i'm talking about personal experience here .
23. royalsovereign (Posts: 37; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
So why you don't use the same language for htc,iPhone,and Samsung,why you always bashing Sony??look at the bezels of HTC one.
24. Chris.P (Posts: 315; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
You call this bashing Sony? Again, it's a legitimate concern.
I've voiced my opinion on the HTC One's size many times before:
And these are just two examples I could think off the top of my head.
26. royalsovereign (Posts: 37; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
In z1c vs HTC one you didn't use word,,bezel,,for htc one,that's the matter,you avoid this word since it has an impact on reader,thats why I call it bashing.
27. PunyPoop (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Hey CrisP, I think your choice of words is the issue here. It doesn't seem right when you wrote " Now please focus on trimming the bezel fat, will you, Sony?" iPhone, HTC, NOKIA, and now Samsung have big bezels, but you haven't said anything like that.
25. vincelongman (Posts: 1756; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I agree with Chris, size is a very reasonable complaint.
The Z2 is huge, its a cm taller than the already big G2.
The Z1 C's 4.3" is too small, there should be a Z1 M with a 4.8" version with IP58
Or Sony should offer a non-IP58 version the size of the ZL
Though I agree all the other companies could improve their bezels as well.
35. Odiin (Posts: 318; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
If Note 3, HTC Max, LG Pro can be handle without any complaint then why not Z1? Matter here is not the screen size. Its about handset size, irrespective of screen size, 5 inch Z1 or 5.7 inch screen sized Note 3, Note 3 is bigger right? Then whats the problem here?
Sony is keep on improving and you guys behaving like kids? Cant you people handle extra milimeter length? Suffering from that much weakness?
I think these tech sites or so called Sony haters never stops complaining about Sony. Never ever. When you people will stop complaining about silly things?
Why there is no complain about same old Apple designs? Never changing Samsung desings? Copycat LGs? Overhyped HTCs?
Sony is not without its flaws. I tell you Sony is the most underrated and most criticized mobile company in the world.
Im not a Sony fan, nor I hate others but as you said Chris. P., atleast give credit where credit is due.
28. joonlin (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
This is samsungArena.. So far this is the best review I found (androidauthority.com/galaxy-s5-or-xperia-z2-friday-debate-355166/) is a link
33. Topcat488 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
There are phones that are waterproofed that doesn't have huge bezels. One is Sharp Aquos mini SHL24.
34. PunyPoop (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Yeah without front speakers, shutter button, and 20 mp camera.
6. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3037; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah, S5 also has big bezels for waterproofing. :)
iCrap also has huge bezels and with no waterproofing. :P
10. mixedfish (Posts: 281; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
The S5 is rated ip67 where as the Z2 is rated ip58, the Z2 can tolerate water pressure longer for a reason, it's not magic.
And the Iphone is simply incompetent.
18. jael206 (Posts: 131; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Just shows how immature and unprofessional [some] PA reviewers are..
36. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
It actually sounds preety good, in a few months ill trade my Z1 for z2, double speaker, new display(hopefully more power efficient), bigger battery, when given oportunity I'll upgrade for sure.
Now, PA, I'm waiting for a deep review to see if the details of the Z2, my BIGGEST concern is the Battery life, wich is about 2 days medium use, I also use Greenify, stock rom and not rooted.
2. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Putting speakers in the front makes a difference I guess. More should follow.
4. aayupanday (Posts: 531; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The New HTC One's BoomSound will blow that away though...
8. pwnarena (Posts: 1000; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
the z2 even has more bass
12. pwnarena (Posts: 1000; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
I know you'll say that that's not the new htc one but if htc does not do improvements on their new flagship's stereo speakers, it can't blow the xz2 away.
13. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Sony is not the only oem to sport huge bezels. Many lumia phones, all fruit iphones(these were literally champions), Galaxy S5 have fat bezels. Thin bezels are cool but their big drawback is durability, the chassis has direct impact on internals (watch lg g2's android authority drop test). And dont know why all praise LG's attempt over slim bezels, sony has proven itself first with xperia ZL.
15. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Something called case for a phone is out there. You should check it out.
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I dont like putting ugly cases on my phone. My s2 is beautiful and durable at the same time.
20. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
It has fallen 3 times from my hand since 3 years and still is going hard.
32. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
There will be the S5 for you then. There a lots of beautiful and thin cases out there. bigger bezels doesn't mean the screen wont crack. Its all about how you drop the phone and on what surface.
17. PunyPoop (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Yeah ZL has thin bezels, almost all tech sites doesn't recognize it.
29. josephnero (Posts: 330; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Yeah.check PA review.they gave negative point for ZL design and called it ugly
16. Planterz (Posts: 1247; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Please warn us that we're going to be subjected to Katy Perry. Some of us have taste in music and don't want our ears poisoned.
31. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
great improvement for a time frame of 6 months.
38. cttan456 (Posts: 61; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
The 4 inch iPhone 5s without waterproofing has thicker bezels than the 5.2 inch Z2 with waterproofing BUT nobody criticises Apple for it but praise them sky high for their "Premium" design whereas Sony always gets flak for a lesser crime I mean bezel.
Use the Phonearena Phone Size Comparison tool and see for yourselves
Xperia Z2 - 17mm
iPhone 5S - 17.5mm
Xperia Z2 - 15.5mm
iPhone 5S - 17.5mm
The iPhone 5S also has by far the lowest screen to
Will Phonearena please tell Apple
"Now please focus on trimming the bezel fat, will you, Apple?"
39. cttan456 (Posts: 61; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
The iPhone 5S also has the lowest screen size to phone size ratio compared to all current Android flagships but no reviewer criticises Apple for this. All I see are heaps of praises.
40. jb4674 (Posts: 141; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It's quite evident that PhoneArena's reviewers/staff are simply biased towards other brands like Apple and Samsung.