How many apps do you have installed, and how many of them do you use actively?
0. phoneArena 26 Aug 2014, 07:18 posted on
Have you ever wondered what is it that gives the ‘smart’ in smartphones? Is it their Internet connection capabilities and web browser, or the touch screen with all the functionality that comes with it?…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Currently about 40? But I only use about 20 of them on a weekly basis I guess?
24. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3702; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Have many but frequently using less than 10.
28. shamashu9 (Posts: 142; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
On my android phone i got 25 and use 7 (all games) daily coz my android phone lags forever, im not sure if the apps makes my android slow.
On my lumia as my secondary phone i got 15 apps and use 5 (email, sms, fb, twitter, health) every day.super smooth..
2. Cicero (Posts: 846; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Around 30. And using them when is necessary (travel and airplane when I do tourism, bank and carrier when need it, games when I'm bored, productivity and utility as necessary, messaging as requested). Surfing web daily.
3. IgorEfremenko (Posts: 62; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
About 60 installed and constantly use like 20 out of them.
4. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Same'ish, around 30-40, some are used constantly, others as needed when needed,
Once i've got my stuff I use, I don't frequent the app store daily looking for more.
5. magnanimus (Posts: 516; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
On an unrelated note, PA when are we getting a PhoneArena app? Please develop one. The mobile site isn't that good
15. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
The mobile site is plain horrible. I use the full site on every device.
41. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
But you don't get to see reply button full site
6. Tritinum (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 May 2014)
around 40 but i use like 25 of them frequently only.
7. seanwhat (Posts: 280; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
32 downloaded, 9 of which are always on (for example my lock screen replacement or swype keyboard), 14 of which i open manually on a regular basis (at least once a week). The rest are stuff i do use, just not very often or under specific circumstances (eg spotify: i don't have a spotify account, but i have it on there because the amount of times i've been at a party and someone's shouted "does anyone have spotify on their phone?").
9. f35hunter (Posts: 231; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
About 410 apps and barely use 100 of them
42. f35hunter (Posts: 231; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
Hell yeah dude
Appgratis and stelapps are most to blame about that !!!!!!!!
10. sip1995 (Posts: 1543; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I have 85 apps installed, 20 of them are the every day apps and i use the others for specific things..
12. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1506; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Around 100 without counting the ones that were already installed.
I use around 20 in a regular basis.
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Once I got my phone I barely downloaded any apps, currently I have about 15 and had so far deleted 10 in the past few days
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 5235; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
About 10 apps frequently use. Those I don't i uninstall or disable.
17. bucky (Posts: 2442; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
77 apps for me and I use about 20-30 of them throughout the week. Most apps are there just in case.
19. mohammed2222 (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
39 apps are used and 362 apps are downloades and my note 3 lags like crazy
20. mohammed2222 (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Correction : downloaded. Eh, autocorrect
21. Rixarm (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 May 2013)
About 120 apps, around 15 uses as regular basis.
22. tasior (Posts: 265; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Hmm, let's see. I'd say I have around 60 apps on my phone. I actually use on regular basis only around 2-3 games, and around 5-8 other apps.
But I have many apps, that are not needed, for everyday life, but are needed when, I'm on a trip or vacations.
That includes around 3-5 map services. translator, sailing weather forecasts, offline wikipedia articles, etc. Others are not used frequently, but are useful from time to time: dlna players, timers, unit converters, bar scanner, ssh client services like: skype, evernote, dropbox etc.
If I had looked closely, I'd probably found around 15-20 apps, that I actually never use, and another 15-20, that I hardly ever use. Since they don't take too much space, I don't care...
23. karamelakimo (Posts: 109; Member since: 26 May 2014)
About 15 without counting the stock and Google apps I use them almost everyday
25. domfonusr (Posts: 384; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
I have installed 11 apps on my LG Viper, but I only use one of them (QPython) frequently.
26. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2007; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Over 100 and actively use around 10.
27. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I have about 97 apps and games included, I use about 60 on a daily basis but the rest are on ocations, most of the apps I use are add ons though
30. avalon2105 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
10-15 downloaded apps (most of google stuff came pre-loaded) and actively using only two. Torrent client to download and MX Player to watch videos. For everything else my G2 already has me covered. Not counting stuff like phone, sms, calculator or calendar that comes pre-loaded.
31. Scorpion (Posts: 103; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Got 44 aps, use 10 or so actively. But also download and try new ones twice per mounth or so
32. buccob (Posts: 2489; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
93 Apps Installed (only counting the ones that appear under My Apps in Play Store)
Constantly using around 15, but I have used every single one at least once, and like to keep them in case I need them later. And I have already done my filtering and cleanup, so I don't think I will uninstall them soon.
I try not to have apps with double functionality and recently I deleted many IM services...
I use Whatsapp, so I uninstalled BBM, Line, Viber.
I use Hangouts, so I uninstalled Skype.
I dont use Messenger much, but I kind of like chat heads on Android.
My daily apps:
Whatsapp - Hangouts - Chrome - Small Browser - 9gag - Llama (automatically) - SmartConnect (automatically) - Camera - Album - Facebook - Walkman - MX Player - Flashlight Small App - GAMES (favorite of the moment) - Phone.
33. greenmunky (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
146 apps listed under My Apps in the play store... I use about 30-40 of them on a regular basis.
34. Eclectech (Posts: 185; Member since: 01 May 2013)
I've installed about 78 apps and I might use 10 on a regular basis.
36. jibraihimi (Posts: 747; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
More than 100, but use only about 20% of them regularly, and others once in a while....... Have deleted lots of apps in past one month for clearing some space on my phone..........
37. mamad791 (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Jul 2014)
I already have about 40 apps and games but actually I use 20 of them regularly a day
38. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Around 160 apps, use about 20 very often, and about 40 are used regularly.
But I occasionally use almost every app that I have downloaded
39. dmakun (Posts: 306; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
Almost 200 apps installed and Downloaded. However I use approximately 15-20 daily.
40. catt4u (Posts: 143; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Installed little over 90 apps and use some 30 on a daily basis including the Nova laucher and a couple of weather apps.
43. gazmatic (Posts: 794; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
ive downloaded 879 apps... currently have 78 installed, games included. i use about 20 on a daily basis
which is why I constantly argue that the app count is useless because NOBODY will EVER use ALL of those apps.... NOT EVEN 1000
when you have functionality built in apps become unnecessary.
that was the actual first reason for apps... remember the quote "there's an app for that"
thats because the phone itself was basically useless compared
44. Blazers (Posts: 416; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
My top daily used (non-google) apps are Viber, Facebook, GoComics (I love Monty lol), and ESPN SC.
47. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
I installed 10 apps both iPhone and my iPad Mini
4. Yahoo Messenger
5. Chikka (Philippines)
7. Currency Converter
9. Aviary (Photo Edit)
10. Photo Safe
48. elitewolverine (Posts: 4991; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
On my daily driver nokia 925, i have just over a 100 installed, use about 55 on a weekly basis. Daily basis use about 30
50. Blazers (Posts: 416; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
You must not be rooted. My root apps/tweaks alone number 13