How likely is it the iPhone 6 includes a special Beats chip inside?
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2014, 21:01 posted on
Right off the bat, this rumor feels a bit more like wishful thinking than actuality. Word has it that the iPhone 6 may feature a special Beats chip inside, although the functionality of said chip is less than exciting. The trouble is that the chip supposedly doesn't really have anything to do with improving audio quality on the hardware...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3996; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
They bought Beats for the music streaming feature.
4. Pings (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Not like they couldn't use beats for anythings else. Or wait maybe since they own them they can do whatever they like... Did you just post anything? Like the 1st nonsense to come up in your mind so you could be the 1st one to post.
10. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3996; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Feel to free to take foot out the mouth now.
14. Pings (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Put foot in what? The whole thing is over your head. Good for you buddy I not going to even read it. Apple has not said they will or will not, or even why they bought beats. Just answered a few questions based off of speculation. All I've seen is speculation from journalist and so called "market experts" on why Apple bought beats. But, who cares! Apple can do whatever it wants with it. Lets say they did buy it for streaming music, which they probably did. They can still do whatever they want with beats. I don't get how you don't understand that. You're just that guy who got the "1st" post in. It's pretty sad dude. Do you just wait for PA to post some news so you can be one of the 1st posters?
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3996; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Lol is that what this rant's about, getting the first comment? I don't even care lol. I just happen to read the article while browsing PA.
The point of that link was to show you that my comment was farfetched. I don't care if you read it or not.
You just need to chill out and stop blowing a fuse for no reason.
7. Planterz (Posts: 984; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
They bought Beats for the name. There's absolutely nothing unique about Beats that you can't get elsewhere.
24. neela_akaash (Posts: 165; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
So the next iCrap is gonna be more pocket hungry than before.
2. Penny (Posts: 1242; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I'm not sure I understand the point of a "Beats chip" inside a phone. NFC can and should already be used for recognition and pairing.
How would this chip be any different or better than NFC, and why is the Lightning connector involved?
3. bwhiting (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
that would be a waste of them adding it in if it just for a "special handshake" with the iPhone for the headphones when they can do bluetooth or the regular NFC
unless it can do it to save battery space on turning on the NFC or bluetooth functions
5. palmguy (Posts: 302; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Apple integrates tech slowly. We'll see Beats in an iPhone or iPad sometime around 2017.
21. Wiencon (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Good, Apple's music chip is already the best (with HTC) so no need to change it to shi.tty beats.
6. baldilocks (Posts: 541; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
They'd have to R&D for years before a newly acquired piece of tech would be allowed inside of one of their devices. Keep dreaming.
9. jphillips63 (Posts: 184; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'd love to see them add the extra radio in the phone so we can talk and browse Internet simultaneously just like on android phones for Verizon.
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3996; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's been around on AT&T and T-Mobile iirc.
17. jphillips63 (Posts: 184; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That's true but I'm not on those carriers that's why I specifically called out Verizon.
18. Dee79 (Posts: 82; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
An over rated phone with over rated chips!
To me, apple going with beats has just made iphone tacky
19. avyfa (Posts: 15; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Lol, beats doens't have chips, "Beats audio" is some kink of equalizer, Apple just bought brand.
22. Dee79 (Posts: 82; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
How likely is it the iPhone 6 includes a special "Beats chip" inside?
20. TruthSpeaker (Posts: 46; Member since: 28 May 2014)
One incredibly vapid company bought another company of the same ilk. What's surprising (apart from the price of course)
23. juandante (Posts: 366; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
exactly but i think its great for apples value of their image. (im not a fanboy believe it or not).