How do I start my own tablet PC company?
0. phoneArena 17 May 2012, 09:21 posted on
The question that we'll be dealing with today in PhoneArena Knows Best is "How do I start my own tablet PC company?" Although we're all crazy about tablets in their various forms, it seems like some of the more enterprising of us are actually looking to enter that business...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajmeri.morvi (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 May 2012)
hy friend i am not it and management person at all so how can u manage money and hardware i nt able to answer u bt i advise u about os,design and feature as my way of thinking, just make diff and easy with design like nokia e7 design just manage physical keyboard thats diff and people all like most, and surely android os, with long lasting battery than all other thats the unique way in tablet segment, and must support sim card.
2. nDray (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
You are completely mad, man! I too don't have an idea of how you could start your company, but one thing I do know: you need boatloads of money; and that will guarantee you nothing.
There's simply no space for a newborn company in this field. You should focus instead on providing services/components to tablet makers, that way you could start entering that business. But be careful, because you could also face a lot of barriers, namely in the patent fields...
(I think that by the time the investment would break even, tablets would no longer be so sought after by the public...)
3. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Well no offense but it sounds like there aren't many individuals here who could gladly offer advice and support on what he's trying to attempt/achieve.
Just going to ask some questions towards Mr.Garg and maybe it could help narrow down a good resulting answer:
1 If the company is US bound, do you have any registered patented/patent pending tablet designs or utility patents?
2. Any controlling interests in software/hardware companies?
3. Any relationships with developers and engineers who are willing to partake in interest and employment?
4. Are you a wizard?
5. Do you currently have a kickstarter project or an expired one?
6. Any proposed business model or at least some tablet renderings?
Just FYI, I know nothing of the hardware/software electronic industry and these are only merely guesstimates to help START your way into forming a small business.
Good luck Sanjeev and I hope for the best!
4. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Epic battery life and Android. No idea how youd go go about the business aspect but that's what I'd aim for.
7. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Get help from Lawyer(s) for Designing Tablet.................
5. sinple (Posts: 130; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
1) Persuade samsung to sell u oled display
2) persuade Samsung to sell u their quad core chips
3) ask mugen/motorola to help u built an impressive battery for tablet
those are the 3 most important factor before proceeding
6. cityeighteen (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
If you're new to the tablet business, the first thing you want to make sure of is that your product sets you apart from the rest of the market. Making an x86-based (such as with Intel Atom) Windows 8 tablet from the get-go would make a pretty bold statement.