How big would you like the new iPhone screen to be: Poll results
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 07:19 posted on
A lot of people took part in our poll last week. We asked you: "How big would you like the new iPhone screen to be?"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
I know 4.8 is too much ask for Apple, so 4.3 will be more reasonable demand.
2. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
i'm guess 4 inch screen,the rest of the outward design will be on par with iphone 4 and iphone 4$ again.
5. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
most people who voted on this poll were android users....
6. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
That's why they trolled around with 4.3 knowing it will never happen.
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 3019; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
That's right. Apple will tell you iZombie's what you want.
26. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1016; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Yes, but perhaps some of those Android users would be iOS users if the iPhone had a bigger screen. Just trying to put a little perspective on the poll that you might not have thought about.
27. JGuinan007 (Posts: 659; Member since: 19 May 2011)
IDK if there was a 5.3 Iphone with a stylus I might go with Apple but I don't think that would ever happen
7. Gcombs (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Aug 2011)
4.1 to 4.2 and a half would be just right for an iPhone for me.
29. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
ios lags too
dont be a ifanboy all ur life
36. phynix (Posts: 12; Member since: 29 Jan 2010)
no, it lags in serval places. when i had my iphone 4 it was really laggy when switchig back from facebook, music, and messaging. I always cleared the apps from the recent apps list like i was told and it didn't do much help. i also had that problem with my 4s.... and a i can't help but correct this article. the sg2 has a 4.52 inch screen. all the phones were bigger than the first evo with sprint which was 4.3. just saying
9. Rocksteady (unregistered)
10. mkdk7 (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
don't think apple is even considering to increase the screen size over 4.3inch..
4 to 4.3inch at the max would be fine for me
11. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Wherether they increase the size or not I don't care cos am not buying it... Patiently waiting for my note 2
12. Bozzor (Posts: 166; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I do wonder how long Apple will only have one iPhone screen size: after all, you can have numerous Apple notebook sizes and desktop screen sizes. Perhaps a 5 or 5.5 inch phablet could be possible, iPhoneMAX? Screen resolution would be an issue, but I can imagine if Apple could find a way to keep as many people as possible happy, then it would likely sell 20+ million units per annum quite quickly...perhaps even double that.
14. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You asked what we would WANT. Well, because of my age and eyesight, I found that the original Galaxy Note, at 5.29", was just about perfect. I waited, though, and will be buying the Note 2, at 5.5" which should be perfect for me and many people over 45.
THAT is what I would want, and I'm going to get it.
Now, if it only had Samsung's 350dpi screen, . . .
15. anthony60415 (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 May 2012)
No matter how big the screen is,It's still the same s**tty IOS from the pathetic company Apple
19. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Was 3.5" perfect when the iPhone 4S came out?
21. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
1. We don't know the new screen size so saying I want 4" is my preference. 3.5" was not perfect on the 4s. I did want a 4" screen. Unfortunately I'd have to switch to android for that size and I'm not willing to use that OS to get a bigger screen.
23. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
you should really check out the difference between 4" and 4.3" for me of all the screen size increases this seems to be the most noticeable. If you put the DROID 4 next to the DROID RAZR there is a huge difference, but if you put the DROID RAZR next to the Galaxy Nexus (4.65") it's not as noticeable. That's why imo 4.3" is the best size for a phone screen.
24. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
4.3 is the size you like not me. I've used phones with all different screen sizes and I like 4".
4.3" is ok but a little bigger than I want. Anything above that is way too big.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5687; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i think the new iPhone will have a 4.0" Display.
20. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I would have to disagree that for the average consumer 4" is probably the best. Look how popular the SGSIII is and that's definitely not a niche device like the physical keyboard phone or the phablet. I think most people want larger screens as long as they don't make the phone too big to fit in their pocket.
22. MaineMan91 (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Apple sucks I'm going back to android cause there bigger and better
28. intos (Posts: 89; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
apple dont give a penny about all of you ... they will put a bigger screen just to make your mouth shυt !!! but dont have high expectation for more than 4inch display... 4 maximum !!! this company doesnt care what people want !! that shows me when they launch the 4s...they have Rest assured to their success thanx to the ίsheeps and they move like turtles !!! So its usless to wait from an arrοgant company good surprises!! most impossible bad surprises !!!
31. Even4steven (Posts: 38; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
A 4 inch phone would be just fine. I have an iPad also, so I want my phone on the smaller side, easy to carry and hold as a phone. Before I had the tablet, I had a much larger phone. I believe the tablet changes the way I use my phone and also my need for a bigger screen.
32. eyad_996 (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
I'm 100% sure that it will have a 4 inch screen, come on it's Apple.It took them 5 iPhone models to even consider changing the screen size, do you really think they will jump from 3.5 to 4.3+ in the next iPhone !!!
37. BDW2008 (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
to be honest who cares when you can already get a 4.7+ inch phone right now either the htc one x/evo 4g lte or the samsung galaxy s3