How big it really is: Nokia Lumia 1020 size comparison
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2013, 11:55 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is an amazingly compact device when you think about the fact that it actually features a 41-megapixel camera…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The iPhone 5 is so tiny! lol xD
2. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
And yet powerful.
By the way phonearena, why are you not writing the thickness around the camera at lumia 1020, it is kind of cheating from Nokia. I understand that they want the phone to look good, but I would also mention the thickness around the camera, because I would show the world that in a 20mm thick phone I managed to put such a camera in it.
4. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Dude, click the side view.. there you have it..
8. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1038; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
that was the 808 purview days they did an amazing job keeping it compact look at the side view ! compared to the 808 they've been working hard for a year and a half also this isn't the flagship is it ?
12. MojoDojo (Posts: 87; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
The phone is 10.4 mm in thickness WITH the camera! measuring without the camera, it looks like the Lumia 925. So 8.5 mm.
16. roldefol (Posts: 3180; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I don't think so. It's either 10.4 not including the camera, or 10.4 averaging in the camera hump with the rest of the phone.
17. MojoDojo (Posts: 87; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Its 10.4 with the camera hump.
Go in on Nokias website and check for yourself.
21. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Just watched a hands on comparison between the lumia 920 and 1020 and it's clearly obvious the 1020 is 10.4mm thick without out the camera bump.. If it included that camera hump then the rest of the phone would be really slim like 5-6mm but in the video it show's the just the 2 body's of the phone pretty much identical..
22. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Having said that Nokia have done a great job pretty much keeping the device same size as thelumia 920 and with the tapered edges seem to have made the phone smaller than it really is.
29. almostdone (Posts: 130; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
The L1020 is 10.4mm thick without the camera hump and with it approximately the same thickness as the 808 i.e nearly 14mm.
Just use a ruler on the side view.
Still very impressive for such a good camera.
30. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
no phone has nearly 7 or 8 mm thickness
31. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
They done an impressive job to have fit that awesome can in such a slim body and even if it 14mm with the hump that's still much smaller than I thought it would be..when the leaks first appeared I thought it be much thicker.
25. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5953; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
A better characterization for the iP5 would be... dinky.
24. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Bezel is manly, it adds to the great solid experience that is Nokia. The Lumia 920/1020 are the only things that look good with my Powertools, and my hammers made out of old Soviet tanks.
If only it could grow a mustache.
33. papss (unregistered)
I agree... I actually like the bezel.
6. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Troll, they made for you a 41-Megapixel phone only to make you life better and you are talking about size its just 158gr!!! are one month kind?
7. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
The iPhone looks SOOOO LITTLE AND CUTE :D
9. nasznjoka (Posts: 360; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
the engineering is with s4 huge screen size but only 7.9 3 less than 4" iphone and only 130g
10. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I don't understand why the 1020 is SO WIDE (71.4mm wide for a 4.5" device vs 69.8mm for a 5" device (S4) )
11. roldefol (Posts: 3180; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think the comparison of the 1020, 920, and 808 is a much bigger story than comparing to the iPhone (which is so much smaller in every aspect). That they could cram the 808's camera into the 920's body and make it thinner. Impressive packaging.
34. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Read about how:http://www.wpcentral.com/insid
e-nokia-lumia-1020-sensor-and-camera-housing.Remained so much, true INNOVATION!
13. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
920 and 1020 looks same
Even if i get lumia 920
I can fool everyone that i got 1020 atlast i will use case at the back
15. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it perfectly describes who you are and how you atc
18. livyatan (Posts: 753; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Soo..the design is ABSOLUTELY THE SAME as on the previous flagship.. yet Nokia fans point fingers on Apple and Samsung when they make subtle changes in design.
19. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
but samsung has ben using the same language in designnsince forever across every possible segment.
Besides, what´s wrong in using the same design if itś great?
26. alexzibrit (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Actually Samsung only started this Last year with the S3, Look at all the Samsung phones released before that, they look completely different from anything else Samsung made, So to say Samsung always does this is a lie unfortunately, cause the S4 and S3 are the only flagships that look similar the S1 and S2 looked relatively similar bout no where near the S3 or S4 same with the note series
28. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you can´t see the bigger picture. Look at samsung phones.
32. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I think the problem is Samsung make a lot more phones with the same design so even though Samsung started using a new design with the s3 which is actually a newer design than the Nokia lumia design which started in 2011 with the n9 but because Samsung make more phones with that design it seems like samsung been using the same design for longer..personally I could care less, these companies have there own design language that they use to associate with there product..when you see a galaxy phone you know it's Samsung's, when you see a lumia yii know its Nokia's and when you see a iPhone you know its apple..all these people who complain oh it looks the same, they need to realise why companies like apple and Samsung have kept the same design language because its part of there brand recognition and its one of the many reasons why they are at the top..
20. DerryAhmad (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Aside from the camera hump, The Lumia 1020 is thinner and lighter than the Lumia 920. Awesome!
23. S.T.A.L.K.E.R (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Jun 2013)
Iphone - the best choice! Others are shovels! xD
27. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Good job nokia.. Really appreciate for the hard work you have done. Success awaits you..
35. gigaraga (Posts: 1381; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The S4 looks sexy and the Lumia 1020 is thick like a brick.
36. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol and I thought the lumia 920 was huge for what it is. Looks like we have a new winner. Lol
37. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2866; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Hey Victor, why didn't you kept S4 Zoom beside that 1020, I really wanted to see the side views with humps of both.
40. roldefol (Posts: 3180; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
PA's side view of the S4 Zoom doesn't even include the grip! It wouldn't be a fair comparison.