How Apple iPad users prefer to use their tablet
So which Apple mobile device do people read more web content on? The answer is the iPad by a landslide. Surely the larger screen has something to do with it as Apple iPad users read 223% more pages during one internet session than users of Apple's iconic smartphone. Owners of Apple's slab might also be older than those who own other devices. When it comes to sharing messages, feelings and information, 54.8% still do it the old fashioned way-by email. 28.9% use Facebook to get things off their chest with Twitter accounting for 13.3% and Pinterest 3%.
When it does come time for an iPad user to tap the social networks, Facebook comes to mind first with Twitter second. The two account for 45.3% and 18% respectively of Apple's tablet users. Pinterest came in third with 12%. Reddit (8.2%) and StumbledUpon (6%) round out the top five.
Lastly, the Apple iPad continues to monopolize web traffic with the slate responsible for 94.1% of tablet based web traffic. According to the data, the Amazon Kindle Fire is next with a 4.1% share followed by the Google Nexus machines responsible for 1.8% of the traffic.
Survey of Apple iPad users Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
14 Apr 2014, 03:50
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Survey of Apple iPad users
1. iDroidApple (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
I'll keep this in mind next time i go to sleep
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well sadly I can't join those statistics.....I have a nexus 10
12. kozza3 (Posts: 573; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
pretty sure everyone here knows you use Apple products by now
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And??? Go back, and read the head line again.
4. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
The best tablet so far.
I love my ipad :)
5. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
iPads are way better than Android and Windows tablets.
7. PigglyWiggly (Posts: 10; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
You Are 100% Correct. And I Am An Android Fan. Android Needs Better Tablet Apps And Better Quality Apps In General. But Hey This Huge Screen, Great Camera And Speed On My S4 Makes Me Not Need An Ipad.
17. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Android phones > iPhones
iPads > Android tabs
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Most that i have seen is prefer to use it in such a way that the Apple Logo is clearly visible.
10. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 598; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I put neon and arrows around my Apple logo. I hope to eventually illuminate it in such a way that will be visible from space.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Should change the title too how many uses have the same ipad from 1-4
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That made no sense. Too, and uses are used wrong.
16. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
sorry to state the (well maybe not so) obvious but 59.8 + 41.2 = 101
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Pretty dumb, when you coulda bought an actual paperweight for much less.