Hot hot fall: 7 amazing yet unofficial phones that will rock your world soon
0. phoneArena 15 Jul 2013, 03:22 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is here and it has changed our little smartphone world, but it’s not the only revolutionary device we expect…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
NOTE 3 FTW!! XD
28. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3981; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah they forgot to mention the HTC One Max (T6). To me the only 2 phones to look at are the Samsung Galaxy Note III & the HTC One Max (T6).
BOTH will be insane phones. Now how to choose one over the other. What a wonderful problem to have! :-)
34. Commentator (Posts: 2386; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Not sure what they were doing including the HTC One Mini, yet leaving out the Max...
48. b1acktiger (Posts: 207; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Phone Arena missed a serious contender of Note 3.
2. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
gotta save money for N3/lumia phablet whichever is better.
35. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Yea. Your saving for a Note 3. This is the 3rd iteration of their awesome phablets. This would be Nokias first ever phablet. I'm kinda skeptical about them knocking it out of the park.
44. MojoDojo (Posts: 82; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Do you think it is more difficult for companies to make a bigger phone?
Galaxy Note 1 was a successful phone and it was Samsungs first phablet.
Put a fast processor, sharp display, good camera, nice design, good apps and then let the marketing department do their job... Thats how companies does it today..
50. Shatter (Posts: 2015; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If HTC put a Micro sd on the US version I would consider buying one.
5. Sarajevo (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
With this article, Victor want to make less important and unique device like Lumia 1020. He brings 7 other devices which are not comparable with Lumia 1020 at all. Most of them can be described as oridinary, except maybe Sony Honami LG G2. Other devices are not bringing anything revolutionary or much differently from what we can see now...
Victor, Victor you really do hate Nokia, don't you? :)
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3989; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Read the title. Key word: Unofficial. UNOFFICIAL. The Lumia 1020 is official, so it automatically doesn't qualify for the list.
Also, it's not like the Lumia 1020 was all that amazing anyways. Essentially, it's just a Lumia 920 with the camera of the 808 PureView and an extra GB of RAM.
11. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
i thougt amazing was key word.most of em are unamazing to me.no innovation!
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3989; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
And the Lumia 1020 seemed dull to me. They essentially put the camera on the 808 PureView in the Lumia 920, along with an extra GB of RAM... Ok? Nothing new, certainly.
14. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
obviously l1020 isnt amazing coz each and every oem incuding those crappy chinese companies make better/same phones.
but whereas s4,its only phone in world.no other oem has made phones which is even close to that
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3989; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
No OEM has made a phone that comes close to the GS4? That's debatable. The HTC One and LG Optimus G Pro both run circles are the GS4 performance wise (Snapdragon model), and I would say the Nexus 4 still stands up to all the devices mentioned despite lacking a 1080p display and Snapdragon 600, just because it's such a value.
All those features on the GS4 take up a lot of memory, and some of those features don't work very well or are novelties that people only use to show off.
The GS4 is definitely one of the best devices of 2013, but it isn't the great piece of technology like the GS3 was in 2012.
26. Sarajevo (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
Yeah, you can dislike this phone but you can not say that it is not unique. No phone can do in the way how it can. You can put more memory, bigger processor and something else, but anybody can do this, but if you don't have technology than you obviously can't put "technology". Samy try to bring "big" camera to the smartphone and they really bring BIG ONE on its Zoom. Even Samy could not bring "big" camera in small proportions to smartphone, so its dimensions can be yet acceptable for consumers. Only Nokia... :)
38. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3989; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I don't think the dimensions on the 1020 are acceptable for consumers. The amount of space taken up by the camera is still huge and looks ridiculous, just as it did on the 808.
The 1020 is a Lumia 920 with the camera of the 808, which means we've already seen what the 1020 has to offer, making it nothing special.
17. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3989; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That contradicts with another word in the title: "soon." The last I heard of a Nokia phablet release, it said the release was in 2014 (though that could have changed).
Also, we know too little about it. We know it'll have around a 6" display that's 1080p, not much to elaborate on. We know much more about the phones mentioned in the article than the Nokia phablet.
25. muhsen (Posts: 257; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
nokia phablet is coming this fall....September to be more specific
39. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3989; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Really? I never saw anything about that. Mind giving a source?
That's what I was referencing
40. GoBears (Posts: 342; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Yeah but a junkier version of the iPhone is amazing. Haha this was a joke article.
41. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3989; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes it is, because it means people with lower incomes can finally get a decent iOS device. It also shows that Apple is losing its fan base, so they need to extend their reach on the market, because if they didn't within 3 or 4 years they would be in a very tough spot.
A tech titan like Apple showing weakness is a good thing, and creates a spark in the industry, because Apple will do whatever it can to stay number 1.
18. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
agree with you. But Im actually glad he brought this out, to be able to see what the others will be bringing to the table. And because of this article that VICTOR H. came out with, only shows the world, there really is no competition for the Lumia 1020... Thanks for the realization Victor :)
42. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3989; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You realize he mentions the 1020 in the first paragraph of the article, right?
6. Shatter (Posts: 2015; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The next phone on my list is the Karboon S6.
7. SIGPRO (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
All Android based :(
Were is the SailFish device from Jolla!
15. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2586; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Well all coming soon products are amazing and will bring a win-win situation for consumers from affordable to high end phones. In this 3-4 things are very new like Moto X, Honami for camera, iPhone Lite and somewhat G2 with design having buttons at rear side while others are just upgrades or mini versions of their siblings with better hardware.
19. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
it would be fun to activate the moto x with the old slogan: "HelloMoto!" :D
20. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm waiting for the LG G2.....
21. valapsp (Posts: 474; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Well I'll choose between Sony Xperia ZU,Sony Honami, HTC One Max and Nokia's Windows phone tablet.
22. mi55u (unregistered)
note 3 or nothing, the rest are jokes
23. adrianzka (Posts: 25; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
For me, Note 3 + Honami/lumia 1020 = FTW!!!
29. evarod48 (Posts: 137; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
where are all the non-smart phones?? jk does anyone that uses this site still have one?
30. MojoDojo (Posts: 82; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
The Moto X is not even going to be a good phone spec wise.. a big X on that one.
The LG G2 is a monster in specs but doesn't bring something new to the table.
The Note 3 is going to be a Note 2 with bigger screen, faster processor, same bad camera as in the GS4.
The budget Iphone, actually who cares?
The Iphone 5S, everybody knows that it will be the same with a faster processor.
The HTC One mini, todays Nexus 4 is a better phone.
The Sony Honami is the only device that will bring something "new" with its camera.
People talk bad about Nokia "The Lumia 1020 is a 920 with a 808 camera". The 808 is a year and a half year old camera, if its that old tech, how is it that none of todays OEMs is bringing it to their phones?
Heck, the Nokia N8 has better camera than todays phones..
Everytime Nokia shown a new phone, they have done it with something revolutionary.
Please when did Samsung, htc, Apple, LG do that the last time?
37. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Man I swear us techies will find any f*cking thing to complain about. First of all the Moto X is Google first phone with Motorola. That in itself is "new brought to the table. G2 is so awesome without even hearing any official features it awesome. Note 3? Note 3? This is going to be phone of the year for a lot of people.The Note 2 brought so many new features how could you even say something so vague. Don't you dare disrespect the cameras on the S3 and Note 2. Theyre awesome. Want a perfect camera, 1020 is there for you. Budget Iphone, agreed. No one anywhere cares. 5S, personally I hate IOS so.... yeah. One mini is pointless to me. And for the Honami, Im actually very excited for it.
But to some up my frustations with you, Dont disrespect the awesomeness that will be Note 3
45. MojoDojo (Posts: 82; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
You defend the Note 3 like I was insulting you personally.. Grow up man..
Lets say I'm wrong.. Please tell me what will be different from the Note 2, besides Full HD display, faster processor, GS4 camera and a couple of third party apps that Samsung buys and call them their own...
52. adrianzka (Posts: 25; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
Let's just wait and find out. I really hope samsung add more uses to the S-pen.
43. maccess (Posts: 595; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
gs4 has a bad camera?? i think you're just new to this world..
46. MojoDojo (Posts: 82; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Haha go try taking a picture of someone walking and then come and make a comment... Lumia 920 and the Iphone 5 have better cameras.. And let me remind you... they are older phones..
51. roldefol (Posts: 2859; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'd rather buy a 2D phone and a Magic Eye book.
47. Tsoliades (Posts: 211; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
The G2 looks like the perfect phone, as long as I can put Cyanogenmod or PACman ROM on it.
49. Sondae (Posts: 187; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
LG g2, Note 3 and Sony Honami is what i am looking forward to see.
54. Demiez (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Now I realized this website isnt fair with Nokia or any other devices to come. This topic just used nokia as a foreword or acquaintance which several product features,had slide shows & brief discriptons. I'm just used that authors here would make things equal & broad, well this is a big fail.. anyone else?
55. Demiez (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Oh I just realized, this was rather a test if how many would speak of the famed one even if omitted to such introductions. Nice... as a spectator, does one comment decreases ones fame?
56. scsa852k (Posts: 287; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
How the heck does HTC One Mini make the list?
57. 1113douglas (Posts: 191; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
THE GALAXY NOTE 3 WILL DESTROY THE IPHONE 5S! DESTROY!!!!!!!!!!! 3gb OF RAM!!!!FLEXIBLE DISPLAY!!!!!APPLE HASENT EVEN RELEASED A PHONE WITH A QUAD CORE PROCESSOR YET!!!!
63. mthoren68 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Sep 2009)
What is it like being so personally invested in a frackin' cell phone. Lighten up, Francis.
58. 1113douglas (Posts: 191; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
NOTE 3 ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
59. 1113douglas (Posts: 191; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THIS SITE LOOKING AT THIS ARTICLE AND YOU ARE SOME WHAT INTELLIGENT YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE NOTE 3 IS A WAY BETTER BUY THAN ANY OF THE OTHERS