Hot Rumors: Apple iPhone 5S with 13MP camera coming in July; Retina display iPad mini in October
0. phoneArena 26 Jan 2013, 00:20 posted on
It is rumor time as the clock ticks us into a weekend after a crazy week that saw Apple and RIM reverse roles and someone with a track record for knowing what is happening inside Apple says that the Apple iPhone 5S will launch in July sporting a 13MP camera; also on the schedule is a version of the Apple iPad mini with a Retina display screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Well, that was rather predictable, not?
Would be disappointed if Apple doesn't come up with something suprising.
19. MONUQ (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Lol People will be shocked same as lady in the above photo....When then new S will come out....:) :)
39. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Biggest troll! Now apple wants to save its wet tail so just keep the point less rumor pouring in.
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why is it your only a troll if u don't hate/bash apple? Most, not all but most android users actually (TROLL) apple/iOS/iPhone articles all day everyday. They hop on every apple/iOS/iPhone related post, and bash, insult, and disrespect apple, iOS, iPhone, and the people who use them. They constantly roam PA iOS iPhone article to green thumb any anti apple posts, and red thumb any non anti apple posts. Isn't that the very definition of trolling?
55. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1507; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
May you have not been in the site long enough. There was a time that it was full of Apple trolls putting useless and disgusting comments in every Android post.
Now what you see is just the ubiquity of Android, it´s not that MOST of Android fans are trolls, it´s just that as there are more people using it of course the number of trolls also increases (while the number of fanboys trolling has decreased too).
But one thing is sure: you calling trolls to most of the android users is not helping at all to put out the flame wars.
57. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've been coming for years, and I never said apple doesn't have troll fans cuz they do. I'm stating the hypocrisy from some android fans that call iOS fans trolls for doing exactly what the android fans r doing. Pot shouldn't call the kettle black ya know. And the last thing u wanna do is start a flame war, but the truth is the truth. Both camps need to chill bro...both.
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think apples gonna shock this year too
85. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
if the OS remains largely unchanged..then , no...boring as usual...but I am sure people, esp. in America, will buy it.
109. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Time will tell bro. WWDC is just 4 months away
120. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
oh ya just like they "shocked" us last year by offering - wait for it - THE SAME DAMN THING! MAGREVOLUTINNOVATIVE!
24. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its so predictable these days, the next iPhone will have the exact same design as the iPhone 5 and the exact same ui again again as the original first iPhone albeit this time with a 13 mp camera and a slightly faster processor slapped with a PR label like "lightning processor " by apple to convince Ifans its new. Customers who i have interacted with daily already have been saying it and even the general public fully expect only an 's' effort from apple again this year
90. AppLE.R0yally. (banned) (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
We thank Apple again, for his fine, ubiquitous products.
We like that!
93. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
get a grip , why do people on here go to extremes with weird worshipping a company
97. AppLE.R0yally. (banned) (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
We do not like the speaking of this such, We advise you to stay on topic! We say on that day, it will cause an epidemic out-burst, due to all our users, fans and ROYALLYS, will be lining and cause a big havoc and hype...! We thank Apple yet once again!
We like that!
102. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
You seriously have issues, and you're even more ignorant for backing a jewbag company. Btw, what's it like to know your precious Apple is going down the tubes? Never too late to join us Fandroids. Android4Lyf :D
103. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mate you can join him and go play with your colouring books
your another deluded idiot
104. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Nice spelling, chaoticrazor. Colouring? You mean 'coloring.' And your = ownership/you're = you are. You wanna call someone an idiot when your literacy sucks? No matter what anyone says, intellect reflects upon grammar/spelling skills. You, sir, are a tool.
105. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
haha so you class entire intellect on literacy. hmm well guess when those mechanics start work on replacing an exhaust they better have excellent grammar.....
and i can make your whole presence on this site meanigless by pulling this from your sad excuse for a comment
''you're even more ignorant for backing a jewbag company. Btw, what's it like to know your precious Apple is going down the tubes? Never too late to join us Fandroids. Android4Lyf :D''
your tragic kid
106. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
lmao! "You're tragic, kid." Are you a pedophile?...calling me a kid, and all. You don't even know who I am. I guess you have lil kids on the brain? I'm kinda skurd, now :-\
And I never said 'entire' intellect. I think you're just asshurt, and getting mad, because I hurt your wee little feelings about your stupidity. I know, I know...not everyone can be $m@Rt.
Btw, you must have some sorta complex about yourself (example: low self-esteem) if you brag about making my "whole presesence on this site meanigless" on a small forum. Oooooh you're sucha big man. My hero, my savior, my idol. You can pick one of those :D
Now I will await your next ignorant comment. Fuel my fire >:)
108. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Colouring is also correct. British english.
115. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Theres no need for racist comments. Is it that serious?
119. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I don't see any 'racist' comments. There are not any negative comments about anyone's race/nationality.
94. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
His? Apple is now a male being? Just close your account, nooblet.
113. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude I think apple make great products, but c'mon man. Cult like worshipping... Not for me.
2. nwright94 (unregistered)
These rumors are pointless this far in advance. It just causes unnecessary hype for those who are under-informed who take the rumors as truth than the actual phone disappoints everyone.
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
These rumors are possibly aimed at upsetting S4 and Note8 cart.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Ah yes, a wonderful rejoice rumor on this weekend...
and I just wish to carry the math-sized siri :p
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Will you still say "shut up and take my money" to the math?
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Sure I will :)
I'll take all 6 colour, with 64gb each...
Thank you very much :)
44. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm just kidding tho... Do you really think i'll buy that? will waiting someone wanna abandon this, so that I can cheaply pay for my collection :)
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol now you're talking. I get mine from Craigslist.
91. AppLE.R0yally. (banned) (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Money well spent!
We advise this!
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Alan ... run spell check please ... it's Anyhow and not Anyhoo :)
6. Alan01 (Posts: 350; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
That was done on purpose...you never heard of anyhoo?
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I have... It gets said all the time. It's slang terminology for wait it................ Anyhow.
111. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Was that addressed to you uncle Sam that you have to hop in?
66. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Anyhoo is a word too
7. BomberXL (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
so.. i thought the s in iPhone 4s just stood for the intergration of Siri. The iphone 5 already has Siri, so.. whats the s for?
11. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
an updated version of the 5, s doesn't stand for siri...
61. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
iPhone 3G vs. iPhone 3GS = Speed (2x the processing power)
iPhone 4 vs. iPhone 4S = Speed (dual core)
iPhone 5 vs. iPhone 5S = Speed (apps will load .0826372 seconds faster)
112. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
You are right,but iPhone 5 is faster than any Android handset present on the market,so stop being a hater.
75. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bomber the S in the iPhone line stands for speed. Apple does a new body 3G, 4, and 5. They then do an enternal upgrade the next year of the processor, ram etc, 3GS, 4S, and probably 5S
114. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
The 'S' stands for "Sucker". As in you are a goddam sucker if you buy basically the exact same thing as the previous itteration.
12. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
That will give samsung a run for its money.
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
a taller iphone with at least 4.5" is enough! but all apple needs to make its products relevant this year is that they need some UI change, its actually the major request next to the taller iPhone, its UI is stock in 2007, no new stuff! if apple will bring and make it more modern, then it will be worth to buy again!
and apple also needs to have a phone that is competitive to cheaper android, even though apple is not made for cheap market...
but i doubt that 2 iPhone will be revealed since apple is a "1 product per year" kind of company!
about that next iPad mini, they should also upgrade the processor! they should make the processor of the mini similar to what the iPad has! since its just a smaller brother and the price is still near to its big bro (just $170 less).. they should give mercy!
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
All very good posts. Apple has seen the writing on the wall, and n the stock market. They know its time for a change, hence the shakeup inside of apple with the big wigs. Expect apple to hit a couple homers this year. The iPhone is apples main cash cow, they're not a dumb company,and won't rest on their laurels again for a long while... Apple is back in the innovation lab... Trust that.
56. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I agree with the direction but it's not a solid game plan.
1. Apple should have released a 4.5" phone to begin with. Why even release a 4" model in the first place knowing that every single competitor was rocking a 4.5" screen for months. And they should have been first with a class leading 1080p (or comparable) resolution. Apple still managed to screw it up with every single app showing black bars on release day.
2. Bringing out a cheaper made iPhone is huge mistake. This actually hurts progression and is the reason why Apple hasn't changed iOS; they still wanted to support that crappy 3GS. People tend to forget that a cheap Android phone could be a 6 month old powerhouse; these are not crappy phones. Android superphones tend to depreciate quicker or the carrier is willing to offer a better deal. Who wants to buy a 11 month old iPhone for the same price a month before a new model is dropped? Plus Apple already has cheap phones; the iPhone 4 at $0 and the iPhone 4s at $100. Apple does not need cheap new phones. They need better phones that become cheaper quicker.
3. A retina iPad mini with the same processor as it's big brother will kill the desire to even want a full size iPad. I would even buy a retina A7 iPad mini "if" the price was still $329. Imagine the huge profit loss if your Apple. You think the stock price is low today just wait and see it tank further. Releasing a mini was "partially" good for the consumer but terrible for Apple. Not one sold out iPad 4 story. The mini killed the momentum for the 9.7" iPad. And releasing the mini was a mistake and Steve Jobs knew this. Your giving away the iPad experience at a cheaper cost. If your a huge company buying 1000 iPads for your field rep's you would save $170,000 by going with a mini. Plus who wants to carry a bulky tablet in the field?
Right now Apple is on middle ground. Investors and their customers are doubting Apple's ability in the market against strong competitors. If I was Tim Cook I would have 2 iPhones released every year 6 months apart; a $200 4" model in June and a $300 5" model (with iPen) in January. Equip the iPad mini with a retina display, latest processor and 16gig for $400 and release these 6 months apart (any cheaper your going to cannibalize the 9.7" model and profits). The iPad situation is bad because a $400 mini regardless of specs don't look good to a $200 Nexus 7. Sale it too cheap you screwing your profits and the 9.7" model that got you here.
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Fanboy: that was an excellent and well thought out post. One part I disagree with though is releasing a retina mini being bad for the larger iPad. Depends on the persons preference, I'd take the larger one myself. I do see your point though as the larger one didn't sell out, but money is money as long as the books level out In the end. Apples gonna make some changes, heck they already have as far as personnel...I think they'll raise a few eyebrows this year.
16. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I don't think they'll be naming it 5s coz the reason they named the 4s is because it was basically the same phone with 3G issues fixed and siri added. Ithink they'll be naming it iphone-6.
77. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The s always stands for speed bro. Refer to my post #75
17. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
He's whispering "I had buttsecks with you while you slept"