Hop-on offers a $10 phone
Of course, the low cost has a price itself. The device lacks a display, but the manufacturer claims that the numeric keypad, the sound quality and reception are very good. The battery should provide up to 5 hours of talk time and the weight is only 2.71 oz (77 grams).
The HOP1800 is now available to retailers such as drug and convenience stores and big box retailers. To encourage recycling the phone after you stop using it, Hop-on offers $5 rebate for returning it under the “Keep it Green” slogan. The funny thing about the company is that it advertises the phone as “Anti-iPhone”, as they have nothing in common.
source: Hop-on via Gizmodo
1. Simdes (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
Sooo... "anti-iphone" sounds cute for a device with no display. :D It's like a mole in a jungle. Kawaiiiiii!
3. DeeBee (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2008, 04:13 0 0
"The device lacks a display..." OMG, how i'm supposed to dial a number without seen' it? Anti-phone is so true...
8. (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2008, 19:00 0 0
people still seem to be able to manage with landlines and payphones, which dont have screens, dont see how this is any different
4. pHx posted on 26 May 2008, 05:33 0 0
wow this is so great! if it has PRADA logo on the back i will buy 1 rofl ^_^
5. GrWa (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2008, 08:35 0 0
wow this looks like a highend Nokia phone for $10? wow its a great deal
6. nanz (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2008, 10:16 0 0
its model looks better than some high end phones. really.
7. nikki_836 (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2008, 17:10 0 0
this phone seems pretty awesome for the more basic phone users. i'm down.
9. some guy (unregistered) posted on 27 May 2008, 21:53 0 0
pretty sweet for someone who breaks their phone or something, sweetness