Hilarious prank has Apple Genius drop boxes with iPhone 5 while fans are waiting in line (video)
0. phoneArena 26 Sep 2012, 09:33 posted on
The guys over at Awesomness TV picked on the iPhone 5 buzz immediately, and created a sophisticated prank for all those that were waiting in line to get it. As you can guess, hilarity ensues, when one of the pranksters, dressed up as a Genius Bar staffer, chats casually with the Apple queue, then drops the alleged boxes full of iPhone 5 units in front of their eyes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
34. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3870; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Haha...it is!! I like the expressions on the faces when it went down!! iCrash!!!
Boy, their hearts might have skipped dozens of beats!!
45. TechPsycho (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
LOL @ 1:25 the girls killing intent hahhaha
53. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Yeah! This is awesome..... and most awesome was buyer reaction.
2. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the iPhone 5 doesn't use Gorilla Glass.
13. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
63. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
The issue is not whether it's GG or some other high strength Corning product. Even with GG, the iconic design exposes the edges of the glass panel. This is THE weakness that brings even GG to its knees.
64. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
The iPhone 5 edges are not exposed. Hence the reason it does so well in drop tests. Btw, the video is not real, its a prank.
50. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
it's not necessarily gorilla glass, they only mentioned it's made by Corning. that's how i understood it.
11. Aeires (unregistered)
Average person standing in line probably has no clue what type of glass it has, nor cares.
31. tedkord (Posts: 11888; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Of course not, so long as the Apple logo is on it, or could be a slab of rock for all they care.
36. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Not really,,, now if it was iSlab0rock then fr sure =D
43. lyndon420 (Posts: 4455; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
So long as it has the apple logo on it...that's what matters.
49. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
to be honest the glass is at the bottom of my list when i get a phone
37. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 480; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
You're over thinking it my friend. Just watch it and enjoy the lolz.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
It doesn't affect me on the way to buy iPhone 5 tho :)
26. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You weren't in line with darkjedi this past weekend?
28. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
She/he mentioned in a previous post that he/she has a new iPhone when relatives give her/him, she/he can't afford an iPhone.
5. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Haha, It's so sad and hilarious at the same time, hilarious because those idiots fell for it and sad because, well, idiots are people too.
32. tedkord (Posts: 11888; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's not politically correct to make fun of the mentally handicapped. And anyone who queues up for days for a device that they can have shipped to their door...
39. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
But to get the iToy shipped to your front door, you have to wait up until midnight Pacific time on the appointed day and struggle with overloaded order placement servers. It would seem to be much more convenient to wait in line on opening day.
6. ebunny89 (Posts: 10; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
I wish that actually happened with real iPhone 5s and they actually broke...? Just me? Yeah, didn't think so.