High-res Sharp display, backplate and dock connector get assembled into a slightly thicker iPad 3
1. meetmadzky (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Shouldn't this iPad better to be called iPad 2S?
3. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
The iPad 2 did differ less from its "parent gadget", than the iPad 3 does. Should the iPad 2 be called iPad 1S...? It did never chance much, actually.
4. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
how can you say that, when the ipad 3 hasnt been announced yet? no official specs, nothing.
2. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i keep thinking of the samsung super bowl commercial.
"if it looks the same, how will anyone know i upgraded?"
sure the ipad has a good design, but switch it up apple.
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
that commercial showed the ignorance on the competition... the iphone 4s is design for the owners of the iphone 3GS . the iphone 4 owners shouldn't upgrade to the 4S...
6. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
"the iphone 4 owners shouldn't upgrade to the 4S".
sorry troll im not your friend, and I AM NOT GOING TO FEED YOU!
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
too late you already did... thanks.. and yes you are not my friend... you are too dumb,, sorry...
14. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Lol I guess I'll be the one to feed you ;) Your saying that one Samsung commercial showed ignorance? Hmm well let me make an example of all those apple commercials about Mac against PC, wait, let me guess...that isn't considered "ignorance on the competition"
One more thing, you're calling Samsung ignorant? That they don't know? if it wasn't for Samsung, there would be no iPhone. And in turn Apple sues Samsung, that is ignorance.
7. TalkingTechy (Posts: 97; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I think you all are missing the point about iterative updates. Apple isn't going to come out with a revolutionary iPad every single year. If they did, they would call it by a different name, not iPad. Each year you can expect incremental upgrades (e.g., better battery life, higher resolution screen, higher viewing angles, better camera, maybe a couple new features).
8. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Apple just keep makin minor spec boost each year don't matter if they throw and S or 3 on it. Either way them crazies gonna be lined up outside to get it.smh
13. E.N. (Posts: 2577; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
It's funny how minor upgrades always brings Apple on par with its competitors. What does that tell you about the competition?
10. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
realistically this is the ipad 2 as the last actual ipad 2 should really have been called the ipad 1s.
Seeing as apple hasn't done this then this forthcoming ipad should be called the ipad 2s as its basically the ipad 2 with a higher res screen but will no doubt be claiming to changing everything again.
Confusing with the names but the exact same tablet being released year after year and selling as if its the first of its kind by ifans upgrading from each model is equally puzzling
12. uudayy (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Aug 2009)
Can anyone confirm what the resolution will be. This looks like the BIG change in the specs from ipad2?